Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Executives, senior and middle managers from all disciplines who are involved in complex negotiations that involve multiple issues, multiple stakeholders, high rand-values and high consequence of error should the negotiations not be finalised to the satisfaction of all parties.
About the course
Plan and manage complex negotiations more effectively.
This programme is run on a workshop basis with 70% of delegate time spent in either negotiation or feedback sessions. A selection of real life negotiation scenarios are used and delegates will receive two levels of feedback so as to identify areas for improvement. Feedback encompasses both financial results of the negotiation as well as behavioural aspects.
How you will benefit
- Develop and negotiate from both standard and crisis strategic agendas;
- Establish the appropriate climate for negotiation;
- Identify the fundamentals of sound bargaining practice;
- Apply the appropriate trade-off patterns;
- Apply or neutralise the most commonly used negotiation tactics;
- Appreciate the fundamentals of team based negotiations/selection of “chief negotiators” and other team members;
- Identify your own negotiating style and compare it to the “perfect” negotiator style; and implement appropriate changes; and Integrate the techniques and skills acquired and demonstrate.
Key Focus Areas:
- Defining negotiation and setting the climate.
- Preparation and bargaining
- Human dynamics in negotiation
Profile Jack has been a Negotiation Consultant from 1984 to present. He has the following experience: 28 years’ experience in commercial negotiation consulting and skills development, both in South Africa and overseas. Listed own consultancy on the main board of the Johannesburg Stock Exchang...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.