Who should attend
The Directors Governance Programme is ideal for directors, c-suite executives, owner-managers and entrepreneurs, who are looking for an outstanding personal development opportunity to improve their performance and become more effective business leaders.
About the course
Good governance is at the centre of any successful business. It is essential for achieving business objectives and drive improvement, as well as maintain legal and ethical standing in the eyes of shareholders, regulators and the wider community.
The Directors Governance Programme is a two-day intense course which will introduce the practice of corporate governance. In this programme, delegates will adopt a strong stewardship stance: corporate governors are in fact stewards of resource for owners, investors, customers and wider society
This module is part of The Directors Development Academy
The two-day program will cover the following areas:
- Theories of the firm: for whom is a corporation run and why
- Theories of capitalism from monetarist views to ESG and a #kindness economy
- The practice of corporate governance: codes, regulatory bodies and contemporary expectations of directorial responsibility
- Role playing directorship in a complex world
- Transitioning into a Non-Executive career
On completion of this programme delegates will have:
- Increased understanding of their own views on the purpose of their own organisation
- A rich appreciation of the approach adopted worldwide by corporations as well as regulatory bodies
- A historical, contemporary, and implementable understanding of roles and responsibilities of directorship
- An analysis of their contributory potential as a non-executive: the golden thread they have to offer to boards
Alison, a qualified lawyer, practised law for 24 years (1985-2009) as a civil litigator enjoying a reputation for excellence & winning unwinnable cases. As a business entrepreneur Alison founded and, as managing partner, successfully ran for 13 years a boutique legal practice specialising in ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.