About the course
Participants are presented with a radically new concept that exceptional managers must possess - "Management Courage." Management Courage has a long-term focus on the future of an organization that radically changes the way employees are managed in the short-term. This seminar builds a talent management strategy around five Principles that go far beyond basic management rules. The developmental emphasis is on engaging employees in order to get them to perform better rather than just disciplining performance issues. These Principles challenge normal management concepts and require participants to look at each employee they manage and formulate a development plan and/or communication strategy that best fits the individual. Each of the Principles is discussed in depth and numerous real work situations are used to illustrate how to get a better outcome for the organization and the individual that goes far beyond that one encounter. Not only do participants get useful day-to-day tools, but leadership strategies to use in numerous other business situations.
COURAGE AS A LEADER
- Defining Management Courage
- Understanding The Five Principles Of Management Courage
- Evaluating Your Current Management Courage
INTERPERSONAL STRATEGIES AND TOOLS
- Adjusting Your Communication To The Person With Whom You Are Dealing
- Going Beyond The Facts To Get Better Outcomes
- Verbal Scripts For Tough Business Conversation
- Addressing The Employee That Is Not Currently Promotable
- Dealing With The Employee That Is Constantly Critical And Negative Of Everything You Do
- Handling Employee Mistakes Without Destroying Morale
Margaret Morford, J.D. is CEO for The HR Edge, Inc., an international management consulting and training company. Previous to owning her own company, she was Sr. Vice President, Human Resources Consulting for a national consulting firm out of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She has a BS degree fr...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.