The Complete Course on How to Supervise Public Sector
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
Although the majority of public sector employees are committed to public service, these commitments are generally made real depending on two factors: 1.) A respected and caring supervisor who values their work, and 2.) Relationships with other public service personnel in a like position. The function of supervision therefore can be the turning point for most public employees who look for value of their work and in their work that can only be supplied by the attitude and skills of the supervisor.
Effective supervisors know how to create interactions that demonstrate to each employee how much they are appreciated for their work, which generally improves the production and outcomes by those employees directly influenced by the supervisor. Although careful planning is a plus, nothing raises an employees’ attitude and value than a supervisor who directs them, coaches and trains them to elevate them to higher responsibilities.
This Oxford The Complete Course on How to Supervise Public Sector training program will teach and demonstrate the vital skills of encouragement, coaching, planning and training to improve the overall performance of a team. All of these supervisory actions impact the employee’s motivation to excel in their career, resulting in better performance. With that focus, public sector supervisors can overcome their apathy and find satisfaction in the critical work of supervision.
By the end of this Oxford training programme you will be able to:
- How to create high performers out of unmotivated workers
- Use the power of personal influence and attitude
- Learn the fundamentals of direct coaching and mentoring
- How to provide feedback over constructive criticism
- Identify ways in which you can add value to supervising people
- Learn the skills of on-the-job training techniques
Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of individual exercises, questionnaires, team exercises, videos and lectures and discussions of “real life” issues in their organizations.
- Create a self-directed group of employees motivated for any challenge
- Achieve higher levels of productivity by people and departments
- Provide a track for every employee to reach their goals
- Manage around the constant changes of administrations
- Add value to the requirements of the departments
- Develop the skills of Coaching and Motivating your subordinates
- Develop the skill of Evaluating subordinates for further development
- Developing the skill and techniques of on-the-job training
- Create a positive impact for the department and organization
- Plan around constant change
Who should attend
Any public supervisor of people in both that manages a department or a team of people in any size government including:
- Department Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Supervisors of government managed operations
- New Supervisors