Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for senior finance executives who are either new to a CFO role, or preparing themselves for a CFO assignment or similar strategic financial leadership position.
- Senior-level executives with strategic and financial responsibilities
- Existing CFOs or those preparing to step into a CFO role
- Executives from a wide range of industries, ranging from large organisations to start-up.
About the course
Broaden your perspective and prepare for the role of a strategic CFO by enhancing your skills to better align financial and corporate strategy.
How can you succeed as a CFO?
Develop your leadership, strategy and communication capabilities to drive innovation and technological transformation throughout your organisation.
Good for you:
- Define a long-term, strategic vision that balances financial and non-financial performance objectives with business strategy.
- Enhance your ability to predict, measure and monitor financial and non-financial performance.
- Strengthen your technical skills and financial expertise.
- Analyse the latest trends and external forces shaping your business, to elevate your credibility as a trusted internal advisor and key decision-maker.
- Build, lead, motivate and sustain high-performing teams to accelerate their impact.
- Enhance your strategic communication skills to become more influential, leading internal and external stakeholder groups with greater success.
Good for your organisation:
- Generate actionable, strategic insights that improve the quality of decision-making across your organisation.
- Identify, evaluate, communicate and drive the implementation of strategic choices that lead to sustainable value creation and organisational growth.
- Lead change and transformation efforts that create lasting value for you and your organisation.
- Transform culture across your organisation to be risk-aware and financially-aligned.
Become a more rounded finance leader
Build the skills and confidence to communicate financial acumen and collaborate across different functions.
What you learn
Join a transformational learning journey where you will explore the themes critical to a modern CFO.
Online | Virtual Challenges: Explore a new business transformation solution, comprising several challenges to help you navigate the obstacles facing your organisation.
Online | Financial Acumen to Accelerate Impact: Master the financial fundamentals that are central to the role of a CFO.
Online | Innovating in the Digital World: Spark innovation and imbed it at the heart of your business.
Online | The Business of AI: Discover how leveraging AI and analytics can impact your financial decision-making ability.
On campus | Strategic Thinking and Leadership: Learn to align financial and corporate strategy to inspire cross-function collaboration.
How you learn
- A six-month learning journey featuring a one week on-campus immersion module and five multi-week virtual modules.
- Experience virtual and in-person classes, guest lectures, live case studies and sponsor check-in.
London or Online
- Experience our world-class Executive Education programmes at our central London campus.
- Immerse yourself in experiential activities, collaborative group exercises and face-to-face networking opportunities with your peers, guest speakers and our world-class faculty.
- For programme iterations running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- Learn in the heart of London and access campus amenities.
- Bring the LBS experience to you with live virtual learning led by our world-class faculty.
- Join a dynamic virtual classroom, where you’ll be immersed in experiential activities and collaborative group work with your peers, while learning from and interacting with our leading faculty and guest speakers.
- For programmes running in-person and online simultaneously, you’ll experience a format that bridges the gap between on-campus and virtual learning, enabling you to collaborate with your fellow participants both in London and around the world.
- After completion, online participants will have the chance to join us on campus for an exclusive day of networking with classmates and insightful sessions with LBS faculty.
Professor of Finance BBA (European University), MSIA (Purdue University), PhD (Purdue University) Professor Henri Servaes has taught in programmes around the world and was ranked second in Europe for research productivity in financial economics (over the period 1990-2008) in a recent study. He ...
Adjunct Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship PhD (MIT) Yiorgos Mylonadis is a Strategy expert who lectures extensively on competitive strategy, methodologies for strategic thinking, technological evolution, strategic management in a sustainable society, organisational learning, entreprene...
Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Academic Director of the Deloitte Institute BSc (University of Durham), PhD and MBA (Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University, Canada) Professor Julian Birkinshaw was ranked 39th in the 2013 Thinkers50 list of the top global management thin...
Dr Chris Higson has worked at London Business School since 1986. He was Chair of the Accounting faculty from 1994 to 2000 and is currently an Associate Professor of Accounting Practice. His areas of expertise are in financial statements, financial performance and valuation, taxation, governance a...
Michael Davies is the Founder and Chairman of Endeavour Partners, a Senior Lecturer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and he runs the New Technology Ventures Program at London Business School. He works with leaders in technology to anticipate the future, navigate the resulting challenges ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.