Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UNSW Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Enhance your understanding of others and increase your emotional intelligence to lead with confidence.
Emotionally intelligent leadership is critical to motivating, engaging and leading others effectively. Discover how to integrate these behaviours into your personal leadership style, recognise and adapt the impact you have on others and lead with confidence.
What you’ll learn
Working with a cohort limited to 14 participants, you’ll build the tools, confidence and resilience to:
- Prepare, structure and deliver powerful presentations
- Articulate purpose and values to motivate through story telling
- Use physical and vocal presence to create desired impact
- Manage nervous energy and remain focused under pressure
- Be present, show empathy, connect with values and respond effectively in 1:1 and small group interactions
- Adapt your content and style to the audience and context
How you’ll learn
Drawing on proven techniques from the performance and acting spheres combined with AGSM’s world-class leadership development, this is a course like no other.
Our experienced presenters will work with you to identify and address your personal communication challenges through skill-building activities, personal coaching, reflection and video playback.
To enable the individual learning experience and maintain personal outcomes, each course is limited to 14 participants.
Over two intensive days, you will work with your peers and our expert facilitation team to explore:
- Presence and communication styles
- Your personal impact and areas for development
- Preparation for meeting and presentations
- Your vocal identity and physical presence
- Tools to motivate and inspire your audience
- Building confidence and resilience
- Assessing and adapting your presence of mind, body and speech
- Strategies for managing nerves and recovering during presentations
- Staying in the moment and thinking on your feet
- Your personal feedback and development plan
Trust the experts
Josephine has substantial global experience in delivering workshops and individual sessions in communication and presentation skills with people in business at all levels. She is a champion improviser, having performed with the world's finest, and is acknowledged as one of Australia's leading im...
Peter is a 1974 graduate of architecture at Sydney University. Like all good architecture graduates in those days, he pursued an acting career, which spanned nearly 20 years, with extensive experience in theatre, film and television. In 1991, yearning for change, he found himself in the world of ...