About the course
Leadership impact and influence through powerful communication, presentation and presence.
An influential leader is a powerful communicator, has strong presence and is authentic. You will develop vital presence and communication skills and raise your awareness of how intent, emotion, purpose, vocal tone and physical presence impacts, influences and inspires.
What you’ll learn
Working with a cohort limited to 14 participants, you’ll build the tools, confidence and resilience to:
- Prepare, structure and deliver powerful presentations
- Articulate purpose and values to motivate through story telling
- Use physical and vocal presence to create desired impact
- Manage nervous energy and remain focused under pressure
- Be present, show empathy, connect with values and respond effectively in 1:1 and small group interactions
- Adapt your content and style to the audience and context
How you’ll learn
Drawing on proven techniques from the performance and acting spheres combined with AGSM’s world-class leadership development, this is a course like no other.
Our experienced presenters will work with you to identify and address your personal communication challenges through skill-building activities, personal coaching, reflection and video playback.
To enable the individual learning experience and maintain personal outcomes, each course is limited to 14 participants.
Over two intensive days, you will work with your peers and our expert facilitation team to explore:
- Presence and communication styles
- Your personal impact and areas for development
- Preparation for meeting and presentations
- Your vocal identity and physical presence
- Tools to motivate and inspire your audience
- Building confidence and resilience
- Assessing and adapting your presence of mind, body and speech
- Strategies for managing nerves and recovering during presentations
- Staying in the moment and thinking on your feet
- Your personal feedback and development plan
Josephine has substantial global experience in delivering workshops and individual sessions in communication and presentation skills with people in business at all levels. She is a champion improviser, having performed with the world's finest, and is acknowledged as one of Australia's leading im...
Peter is a 1974 graduate of architecture at Sydney University. Like all good architecture graduates in those days, he pursued an acting career, which spanned nearly 20 years, with extensive experience in theatre, film and television. In 1991, yearning for change, he found himself in the world of ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.