The Antideficiency act
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Antideficiency Act (ADA) is the set of rules and regulations governing Federal appropriations and has ramifications for both agencies and individual employees. You will learn the legal provisions surrounding the acceptance of gifts, travel benefits, and other illegal augmentations to an appropriation.
- Describe the appropriations process and terms surrounding ADA violations
- Describe ADA violations and reporting
- Apply principles in appropriation of outside sources
- Understand investigation requirements for ADA violations
Overview of the Antideficiency Act (ADA)
- What Is the ADA?
- How Agencies Receive "Money"
- When Additional Funding Is Needed
- Module Capstone: Overview of the Antideficiency Act (ADA)
- Level 1 ADA Violations
- The Significance of 31 USC 1341, Limitations on Expending and Obligating Amounts
- Limitations and Exceptions
- Level 2 ADA Violations
- Module Capstone: Overview of Appropriations
Investigating and Reporting Violations
- Conducting an Investigation
- ADA Reporting Requirements
- Module Capstone: Overview of Investigating and Reporting Violations
- Miscellaneous Receipts
- Contract Concerns
- Other Sources of Revenue
- Donations, Gifts, and Free Services
- Module Capstone: Overview of Augmentation
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who deals with funding authority in the federal government or military, including disbursing officers, certifying officers, accountable officers, auditors, budget analysts, accountants, contracting officers, program managers, and attorneys.