Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is designed for project managers, professionals preparing to transition into a new career in project management, business analysts working with project managers and project teams, technical team leaders, and managers.
About the course
The Technical Project Management course provides understanding of the various processes involved to manage projects effectively. This course will enhance the ability to manage project baselines: scope, schedule, and budget, also known as the Triple Constraints concept.
Project Managers will gain technical application and tools such as: Critical Path Method (CPM), Earned Value Analysis (EVA), Quality Control Charts, Risk Assessment Matrix, Expected Monetary Value (EMV), Communication Channels, and Stakeholder Mapping.
What You Will Learn
- Technical understanding of the process of managing projects effectively
- The ability to manage project baselines, scope, schedule, and budget
- Enhanced risk management skillset and tools
- The ability to analyze project data and performance measures
- How to tailor projects accordingly to select the best project management methodology
- Male employee standing to address colleagues at a meeting
How You Will Benefit
- Anticipate and manage the major constraints of a project.
- Recognize real-world constraints and the dynamics in a project environment.
- Identify the process knowledge areas of a project that must be managed.
Defining Project Baselines and Triple Constraint concept Introduces the Process Management areas capture in the Project Management Plan
- MANAGE SCOPE
- MANAGE SCHEDULE
- Includes Critical Path Method (CPM)
- MANAGE RESOURCES
- Includes Earned Value Analysis (EVA)
- MANAGE QUALITY
- Includes Quality Control Charts
- MANAGE RISK
- Includes Risk Assessment Matrix
- PROCUREMENT MGMT
- Defines Contract types and relationship to Risk
- CHANGE MGMT
- Introduces Integrated Change Control
- ENGAGE STAKEHOLDERS
- Includes Stakeholder Mapping (Power / Interest Grid)
- Includes Communication Channels
- CONFIGURATION MGMT
- PROJECT CLOSING
With over 30 years of experience in project management, leadership, team building, and training Dana Boyd brings a wealth of professional expertise to our students. She is a subject matter expert for innovative business processes, finance related topics and is herself a Georgia Tech Project Manag...
With more than 22 years of decorated military experience, Wilburn retired from the United States Army at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Prior to joining the Georgia Institute of Technology, Wilburn was the program director and Professor of Military Science at Vanderbilt University. He has also s...
Bringing over 20 years of project and program management experience to the Georgia Tech Project Management program, Mustafa is a subject matter expert in healthcare industry application and related topics. His extensive international experience and people development skills translate into a perso...
With over 15 years of project management experience, Chris Carter brings valuable real-world expertise and was instrumental in the redesign of Georgia Tech Project Management program. Through his professional experience he has spent his time developing and launching new model years for Toyota and...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.