Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CEIBS.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A writer on talent development recently noted that if businesses managed their money as carelessly as they manage their people, most would be bankrupt. Many businesses that have world class financial controls and policies have no comparable processes for developing leaders. This programme focuses on the business benefits of taking talent seriously: no talent, no numbers.
The objective of this programme is to develop participants’ knowledge and expertise in managing talent strategically. The course is designed to be relevant to a broad spectrum of talent management issues faced by managers and senior executives, and reevaluates how best practice firms manage their talent management efforts and build leadership talent for the present and the future. Synthesising the latest scientific research with the professor’s own rich international experience, this training programme provides practical frameworks and models of best practice in the field of talent management.
Participants in this programme will gain:
- A strategic roadmap to guide talent management efforts
- Practical tools to help achieve better talent management outcomes
- An understanding of global best practices in talent management
- Knowledge of emerging trends in talent management
- Where are you now?
- What is talent?
- Are we too interested in talent?
- How to block talent development and lose talent
- Building a leadership pipeline
- Talent Management at GE
- Talent lessons from Vanke
- A Talent framework: 6 phases
- Day 1 review
- Retention at Novartis China
- A Players or A Positions?
- The War for Talent in China
- Video Exercise
- Talent Management at McDonalds
- Day 2 review
- BAT case
- Case: Wolfgang Keller
- Course wrap-up
Who should attend
This programme is designed for senior executives concerned about meeting present and future talent needs of their organisations.
Trust the experts
Professor Keith Goodall is Visiting Professor of Management at CEIBS. He is also a Senior Associate at Judge Business School, and a Senior Member Wolfson College of University of Cambridge. Professor Goodall teaches on the MBA programme there and is actively involved in Executive Education. He al...