Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Programme is designed to introduce mid-to senior management to international and domestic developments in the area of sustainable green finance, emerging trends (domestically as well as internationally), new opportunities and unforeseen risks in financing “green” projects, and ways by which their organizations may consider and integrate sustainable finance.
Following the signing of the Paris Climate Change Agreement in 2015, international efforts to mitigate climate change have stepped up significantly. This was preceded by carbon trading in the 2005-2012 period and as experience with carbon trading deepened, it became clear that a transition to a lower carbon economy could not be spurred by carbon credits alone but needed a major change in the way capital was managed. Often termed “green finance”, or “sustainable” or “climate” finance, this new area has thus emerged to capture such developments, and which this program will provide an introduction to. Designed for participants with basic/intermediate knowledge of finance, this course will provide the basics of sustainable finance, emerging trends in this space (domestic and international) new financial instruments under development, trends of investors, considerations for stock exchanges, banks and the role of regulators. It will also make the critical link between international policy developments and the consequent emergence of sustainable finance. The motivation of such a program is to expose decision makers in the workplace with the tools and knowledge of the types of issues that affect green assets, ways to mobilize financing for such assets, and provide some tools that can be empoyed by companies. It will also, importantly, focus on risk mitigation for green projects – in line with India’s economic development plans.
The objectives of the programme:-
- Create a forum of shared learning for managers to understand both the challenges and opportunities around sustainable finance and gain exposure to this emerging and exciting field.
- Provide an overview of international and domestic developments in the area. spur innovation and learning by showing case studies for different ways by which green projects have been financed, for example – green urban housing, or offgrid energy, green bonds, and so on.
- Offer market developments across a range of carefully selected topics, and finally, in doing the above.
- Develop by engaging with relevant corporate partners. IIMA as a thought leader in the area of sustainable finance both domestically as well as internationally.
- Introduction to sustainable finance.
- Economics of transitioning to a lower carbon future – costs, past trends, emerging opportunities, stranded assets.
- Opportunities and challenges in financing green assets – the role of markets, regulations, and technology.
- Carbon finance and carbon markets.
- Emerging emissions trading schemes across the world.
- Pricing carbon.
- Risk assessment due to climate change – sub-regionally and sectorally
- Risk mitigation in financing green projects and companies, including examples of how risks were mitigated.
- Green bonds – an introduction and updates on latest developments.
- The involvement of stock exchanges – how stock exchanges can grow green finance and the devlopment of “green finance hubs”.
- Banking and sustainable asset management.
- Climate risk disclosure – including the implications of the Taskforce on Climate Related Financial Disclosure.
- Insurance and climate vulnerability – climate risks mitigation through the insurance sector.
Who should attend
- Investors – public and private
- Banks – public and private
- Stock exchange
- Corporate enterprises
- nvestment banks
- Consulting companies
Trust the experts
Educational Qualifications Fellow of IIMA (Ph.D) Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India (IIMA) 2001 Master of Technology (Computer Science & Technology) Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India (IITR) 1987 Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics & Communication) Indian I...