Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The programme is designed for mid to senior level managers; tasked with or seeking to develop or implement sustainable business practices within their organisation, or aiming to update their management capabilities with new frameworks and perspectives.
5+ years of management experience required
- Individuals seeking to develop their knowledge within sustainability, to provide a competitive advantage for their organisation and to accelerate their careers
- Managers with minimal experience in sustainability, who aim to take on responsibilities in this area to impact their organisation’s future
- Senior board members aiming to quickly develop a solid foundation on the sustainability issues that are entering board-level discussions
- General, project and risk managers, alongside directors, vice presidents and investors from a variety of industries, with broad range of business experience and managerial responsibility.
About the course
Secure sustainable success. Build the strategy to transition to responsible business, and transform your competitive advantage.
Transition into sustainability
Reconceptualise critical global challenges as sustainable growth opportunities for your business, and achieve positive social impact.
Good for you
- Build the fundamental knowledge of sustainability, corporate responsibility and ESG needed to address your organisation’s goals and challenges
- Explore the success of responsible organisations, and how to develop these innovative business models
- Understand the trade-offs from integrating sustainability into business practice, and how to generate profit through creative resolutions
- Develop practical frameworks to identify material stakeholders, and create strategy and disclosure practices to meet their conflicting, ever increasing demands
- Examine the challenges of transitioning to a sustainable business model, and learn how to overcome them through identifying the key organisational levers that facilitate change
- Reflect on your role as leader and your ability to affect change, through growing social and environmental challenges
- Gain the confidence to influence other senior executives, and contribute to boardroom discussions on embedding sustainability in your corporate strategy
Good for your organisation
- Invest in your greatest talent and develop the next generation of leaders
- Future-proof your organisation and gain long-term competitive advantage
- Transition to a more responsible and sustainable business model which creates positive social impact and superior financial results
- Reconceptualise the critical global challenges facing your business, and transform them to profitable and scalable growth opportunities
The solution to sustained success
Design, implement and execute sustainability strategies to create lasting competitive advantage.
What you learn
- Week One: The Sustainability Challenge – Discover what sustainability really means for business, and why it has become a key strategic consideration for any organisation aspiring to longevity and success.
- Week Two: The Sustainability Advantage – Do you want to be a sustainability leader? Build the knowledge and skills to influence your peers and measure your impact, as you pursue both profit and sustainability.
- Week Three: Sustainability Leadership in Action – Part one – Witness the concepts we’ve explored applied in real life. Understand the mechanisms through which sustainability leads to value creation from a real business case study, so you can develop and implement them in your own organisation.
- Week Four: Sustainability Leadership in Action – Part two – Revisit our case study to discover how they reinvented their business model to become an industry leader in sustainability, and delve into some of the innovative products introduced, and the processes developed.
- Week Five: Sustainable Pathways to Value Creation – Explore how sustainability unlocks unique pathways for organisations to generate financial performance and socio-environmental impact. Examine recent developments in AI and big data and their sustainability applications to identify the sustainability value-creating mechanisms that are most relevant in your context.
- Week Six: The Roadmap to Sustainability – Understand the four pillars needed to embed a culture of sustainability into your corporate DNA and discover the future trends you and your organisation need to prepare for. Use the tools, frameworks and insights you’ve developed to build a roadmap to achieve your goals and guide your efforts towards sustainability leadership.
How you learn
- Learn online, from anywhere in the world, through a blend of engaging digital content, including a collaborative webinar to share key learnings. You work through five modules at your own pace in the space of five weeks
- Work alongside our expert faculty on collaborative activities and experience their engaging delivery in a digital classroom
- Track your progress and reach your objectives through dedicated learning coaches
- Gain access to industry-leading research insights from Associate Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship Ioannis Ioannou
- Benefit from applied implications and practitioner frameworks and insights
- Contribute to peer to peer online discussions with a diverse cohort of powerfully charged business minds
Dr Ioannou is a strategy scholar whose research focuses on Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). More specifically, he seeks to understand whether, how, and the extent to which the modern business organization contributes towards building a sustainable future. His academic wor...
Marta has over a decade’s experience in designing live and digital content platforms to enable knowledge exchange. After completing post-graduate degrees in economics and public policy, she started her career with Trucost, an ESG information provider now part of S&P Global. In this role, she...
Miro is an accredited executive coach and mentor specialising in personal and organisational sustainability. His consultancy, Better Sage, helps clients across the world reach the next level of sustainability through personal and organisational development. His 20 years of hands-on and leadershi...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.