Supply Management and Procurement – Supply Chain Fundamentals
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
This course prepares you in the basics of supply management and procurement operations and the role of procurement within an organization’s overall supply chain. You will discover the key elements of sourcing and procurement, including strategic sourcing, supplier management, negotiations, contract development, and supplier identification and evaluation, as well as the importance of cross-functional collaboration.
What You Will Learn
- Procurement and its key roles and metrics
- The commodity strategy
- Procurement contracting
- Supplier scorecard systems
- Commercial law
- Law versus ethics
- Corporate social responsibility
How You Will Benefit
- Describe the key steps carried out in managing the procurement process.
- Understand the key supplier evaluation practices.
- Appreciate the need for identifying and evaluating global suppliers.
- Appreciate the important role that power, tactics, and concessions play in negotiations.
- Describe the key forms of documentation used in procurement.
- Discuss the key roles or positions in procurement organizations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals working in or interested in working in the procurement and sourcing space. Other individuals working in the supply chain can also benefit. Typical titles include sourcing analysts, supervisors, managers; procurement analysts, supervisors, managers, agents, clerks, specialists, contract development personnel, senior buyers, buyers/planners, purchasing analysts, and supply planners.