Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals working in or interested in working in the procurement and sourcing space. Other individuals working in the supply chain can also benefit. Typical titles include sourcing analysts, supervisors, managers; procurement analysts, supervisors, managers, agents, clerks, specialists, contract development personnel, senior buyers, buyers/planners, purchasing analysts, and supply planners.
About the course
This course prepares you in the basics of supply management and procurement operations and the role of procurement within an organization’s overall supply chain. You will discover the key elements of sourcing and procurement, including strategic sourcing, supplier management, negotiations, contract development, and supplier identification and evaluation, as well as the importance of cross-functional collaboration.
What You Will Learn
- Procurement and its key roles and metrics
- The commodity strategy
- Procurement contracting
- Supplier scorecard systems
- Commercial law
- Law versus ethics
- Corporate social responsibility
How You Will Benefit
- Describe the key steps carried out in managing the procurement process.
- Understand the key supplier evaluation practices.
- Appreciate the need for identifying and evaluating global suppliers.
- Appreciate the important role that power, tactics, and concessions play in negotiations.
- Describe the key forms of documentation used in procurement.
- Discuss the key roles or positions in procurement organizations.
SUPPLY MANAGEMENT AND PROCUREMENT OVERVIEW
SUPPLIER IDENTIFICATION AND EVALUATION
SUPPLIER NEGOTIATION AND CONTRACTING
PROCUREMENT ORGANIZATIONS AND ROLES
APPLICATION OF LAWS AND ETHICS IN PROCUREMENT
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.