Who should attend
This course is designed for chief financial officers; supply chain finance, marketing or sales executives (managers, directors, vice presidents, executive vice presidents); supply chain and logistics managers, consultants, supervisors, planners, and engineers; supply chain education and human resource management personnel, inventory planners, procurement and sourcing analysts and managers; and transportation planners, managers, and engineers.
About the course
In today’s global economy, operating risks are increasingly on the minds of executives. The specific context of operating risk can range from general areas of business continuity to the effects of natural disasters. In this course participants will gain a solid understanding of Supply Chain Risk Management principles including effective ways to identify, mitigate and measure the impact of potential supply chain disruptions.
What You Will Learn
- Key elements of a Supply Chain Risk Management Program
- Operational disruptions source and resiliency
How You Will Benefit
- Develop a broader, more comprehensive understanding of how their company’s supply chain may be at risk
- More effectively communicate to their company’s stakeholders the realities of supply chain risks
- Build a cross-functional understanding of the building blocks for an effective Supply Chain Risk Management to be used in their particular business
- Improve their company’s Supply Chain Risk Mitigation program
- The difference between crisis management and supply chain risk management
- The significant long term impact of supply chain disruptions
- Why supply chain risk management activities require enterprise wide participation
- How companies can take proactive, actionable steps to add significant resiliency to their supply chain operation, often without requiring significant levels of investments
- Laptop computer capable of accessing the internet (Wi-Fi access provided in class)
- In-class software demonstration
- Course notebook with hand-outs
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.