Who should attend
This course is designed for those responsible for managing projects in the supply chain and logistics environment as well as those interested in learning about industry frameworks, best practices, and terminology in project management as well as supply chain management. This course is also appropriate for individuals who are engaged in procurement and vendor selection and management functions. Veterans and transitioning military may find that it provides a great environment for understanding how military planning and logistics skills can be transitioned to commercial application.
About the course
To keep pace with the continuous moves toward outsourcing of operations and the advancement of technology, companies need to focus on selecting the right suppliers and partnerships to provide the most value to their customers and to remain profitable. This course provides a deeper understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) areas of project integration and procurement, as applied to the supply-chain vendor-selection and management process. You will gain the knowledge, skills, and tools to ensure that you are selecting the right supply-chain partners based on your business goals. In addition, you will learn about alternative techniques for supplier selection, including applied quantitative decision-making techniques.
What You Will Learn
- Supply-chain selection projects
- Operational requirements
- Request for information (RFI), request for quotation (RFQ), and request for proposal (RFP)
- Vendor selection
- Decision matrices
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the supply-chain solution provider landscape and types of systems available on the market.
- Ensure stakeholder alignment through the supply-chain project lifecycle.
- Know the best practices when selecting the right partners based on the PMBOK project.
- Monitor and measure vendor performance as part of the selection process.
- Discuss the legal and ethical considerations for vendor selection.
METHODOLOGY FOR MANAGING A SUPPLY CHAIN SELECTION PROJECT
- Planning the solution evaluation and RFP process
- Managing the RFP process
- Defining vendor requirements
- Application of decision theory and matrices in driving consensus
- Contract administration and management
- Legal and ethical vendor management/project considerations
OVERVIEW OF THE THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS PROVIDER MARKET
OVERVIEW OF SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTION PROVIDERS (WMS, TMS, OMS, ERP, ETC.)
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
John Szoke, Lean Deployment Executive Having joined LeanCor in 2010, John brings 15 years of hands-on supply chain experience to his role as a Lean Deployment Executive. In his current position, John works with organizations on end to end consulting projects to understand and advance their suppl...
Read more about Project management
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.