Who should attend
This programme targets senior and middle management executives from materials management, production, sales (distribution), logistics and finance functions.
About the course
“Effective supply chain management is the competitive ground for the 21st century. As companies become more global, technology changes are more rapid, customer service pressures are mounting, and the competitive forces are more intense, executives must be able to go beyond functional excellence. Supply chain management is becoming a basic business fundamental” - Dr. Hau Lee, Professor at Stanford University and a leading expert in Supply Chain Management.
- Do you lose more than 10% of your sales owing to stock-outs and untimely production?
- Your actual orders are way away from your forecasted figures.
- A good amount of your material receipts and dispatches at your plants, warehouses and regional depots do not happen at the right time and quantity.
- Do you face procurement challenges in terms of managing supply contracts, reducing spend and dealing with sourcing risk?
If your firm faces one or more of these problems, this program would be the right one to attend by your senior and middle-level managers associated with supply chain management. This five-day programme is designed specifically for firms facing serious supply chain challenges in a volatile and uncertain environment. The objectives of the program are to impart:
- SCM, its philosophy and evolution
- SCM performance measures
- SCM coordination and organizational integration/structure issues
- Supply Contracts
- Strategic issues in supply chain management
- Planning for uncertainty
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Decision Models for SCM
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Distribution Strategies
Prof. Balram Avittathur is a Professor in the Operations Management Group of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and is a faculty member of the institute since 1999. He has a doctorate degree in Management from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (Fellow, IIMB). His doctoral thesis was i...
Prof. Preetam Basu is an Associate Professor in the Operations Management Group of IIM Calcutta. He joined the Institute in June 2010. He has a doctorate degree in Operations Management from University of Connecticut, USA. Earlier, he did his MS in Applied Mathematics from University of Minnesota...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.