About the course
As the supply chain grows in complexity, and companies increasingly source products and services from a more diverse and global set of suppliers, the job of managing the processes that ensure the steady and reliable flow of components and inputs has never been more difficult. Supply Chain Management Basics introduces the core concepts and components of supply chain management, including supplier evaluation, logistics, inventory management, and other supply chain practices.
Upon successful completion, you can download a printable certificate of completion for this online course suite. This certificate has no textbooks or prerequisites. Students have 6 months in which to complete the certificate program.
Curriculum & Course Details
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define supply chain management and understand its strategic role in organizations that source good and services
- Explain the goals of effective supply chain management and procurement
- Analyze how organizations in a supply chain communicate and manage relationships
- Explain the supplier appraisal process and understand its role in supply chain management
- Formulate strategies for mitigating supply chain risk, and discuss the events that can create disruption in the supply chain
- Assess the major trends and issues shaping supply chain management today This self-paced course provides instructional material that explains the key strategic drivers of effective supply chain management. Information is presented in an easy-to-understand format, with interactive and integrative exercises to help learners better understand the foundational elements of managing the supply chain
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.