Who should attend
This course is designed for Receiving, Shipping, Putaway, Picking, and Packing Clerks, Operators, Analysts, Supervisors, and Warehouse, Terminal, Crossdock, and Distribution Center administrators, clerks, analysts, supervisors, and managers as well as learners seeking to enter these roles. Supply chain professionals from other domains will also benefit through gaining insights into warehousing operations.
About the course
This course is structured to prepare entry-level and supervisory-level employees in warehouse operations with a fundamental understanding of the supply chain. You will review the physical, technological, process, and safety considerations of warehouse/distribution operations. Additionally, you will learn about facility configuration, storage and handling techniques, metrics, customer service considerations, and the role of distribution operations in different industries. Gain exposure to barcoding, picking and shipping processes, as well as storage and sorting systems for a well-rounded overview that can be applied to your organization.
What You Will Learn
- Warehouse and its function
- Putaway and restocking
- Picking and packing
- The shipping of goods
- Inventory control
- Labor performance management
How You Will Benefit
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the physical, technological, process, and safety considerations of warehouse/distribution operations.
- Explain facility configuration considerations, representative storage and handling techniques, performance metrics, customer service considerations, and the role of distribution operations in different industries.
- Discuss picking and shipping processes and material handling equipment.
- Describe the key operations that take place within a warehouse and how they relate to each other.
- Discover the different warehouse operating/ownership models.
WAREHOUSING & ITS FUNCTION
RECEIVING GOODS AT THE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
PUTAWAY AND RESTOCKING
PICKING AND PACKING
THE SHIPPING OF GOODS
SAFE, HEALTHY, AND SECURE WORKING ENVIRONMENTS
LABOR PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.