Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
People who present their ideas clearly and facilitate groups effectively are able to influence positive results for themselves, their teams, and their organizations. This workshop will help participants become impactful presenters, skilled facilitators, and effective meeting leaders. Different learning styles, experiential activities, as well as practical tools and techniques for presenting and facilitating in a variety of situations, will all be explored.
Course at a glance
- In-class, face-to-face delivery.
- Hands-on course based on active student participation; class dynamics include group work, classroom discussions, and short lectures.
- Aimed at professionals in supervisory roles who wish to upgrade their skills and aspiring leaders ready to invest in their career prospects.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Plan and apply the basics of a presentation from start to finish.
- Understand the tools and techniques for conducting a facilitated session.
- Identify best practices for using visuals in facilitation or presentations.
- Assess your learning style and how it relates to helping others learn.
- Demonstrate facilitation techniques using practical scenarios.
- Deliver a short training session to a partner.
- All course resources and learning materials are provided in-class.
- This is an attendance-basis, non-graded course.
- Learning activities are completed exclusively in class (no pre- or post-course work required).
Renée Paul, B.Comm., CPHR, has over 25 years of experience in the learning and development, organizational effectiveness, and human resources fields. Renée has worked as a learning and development consultant and a leadership consultant for The Performance Group, Servus Credit Union, and Stuart Ol...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.