Who should attend
This course is designed for ISO 50001 energy lead auditors and certified practitioners of energy management.
About the course
This course will prepare you to become a Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Performance Verifier. You will learn how to apply energy-efficiency engineering and statistics to the functions of a performance verifier to consistently and fairly assess plant energy performance improvement and conformance with the SEP program requirements.
What You Will Learn
- SEP program requirements
- ISO 50001, ISO 17021, and ISO 50028
- Auditing energy management systems
- Energy consumption, use, and performance
- How to verify organizational energy performance
How You Will Benefit
- Develop the skills needed for SEP performance verification.
- Understand the SEP certification process and requirements as well as the SEP Performance Verifiers role and personal qualifications.
- Learn the tools and techniques for evaluating facility energy performance.
- Determine the validity of energy data used in modeling.
- Identify appropriate timelines for evaluating energy performance.
- Gain hands-on experience evaluating energy performance improvement through course activities based on a real-world industry case study.
SEP PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- ANSI/MSE 50021, ISO 17021, and ISO 50028
- SEP certification protocol
- SEP Measurement and Verification Protocol
STATISTICAL MODELING OF ENERGY PERFORMANCE
- Statistical evaluation of data and model results
- How to audit techniques for statistical modeling
- Rules for energy accounting
ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ELEMENTS
- Energy review
- Energy performance metrics and baselines
- Energy improvement and project evaluation
Randall A. Green, M.P.A. (Randy) is an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice and Political Science at Georgia Highlands College. He is a former Regional Director with the State of Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles. Mr. Green completed a thirty-two year law enforcement career in July 2011, af...
Ed Hardison is a principal research associate with the Georgia Institute of Technology Enterprise Innovation Institute. For over 25 years, he has provided management and technical assistance to existing and developing industry in the areas of plant layouts, ventilation, thermodynamics, and genera...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.