About the course
Many general managers appreciate the value of project management as a tool for strategy implementation but shy away from adopting this approach due to a perceived lack of relevant project management acumen. This course aims to fill that gap by equipping the non-project management professional with the strategic management and leadership competencies needed to effectively drive a project-based organisation or business unit.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to do the following in the context of the targeted organisation(s):
- Confidently motivate for the use of project management as a vehicle of strategy implementation.
- Demonstrate a high-level understanding and application of core tools and techniques of project management.
- Make informed managerial decisions regarding project inputs, processes and outputs.
- Effectively manage strategic stakeholder interests in a project context.
- Effectively promote organisational project maturity.
The following topics constitute the core content of this course:
- Projects as building blocks of strategy implementation
- Project management goals, principles and approaches
- Essential tools and techniques of project management
- Managing through the project lifecycle
- Stakeholder management
- Towards organisational project maturity
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.