Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
This introductory program is for managers or directors who are new to purchasing, new to managing purchasing staff, or anyone looking to brush up on current purchasing issues and strategies. Past participant titles have included:
- Procurement Operations Specialist
- Director, Accounting Services
- Manager, Contract Management
- Strategic Influencers
- Material Control Supervisor
- Purchasing Manager
- Strategic Sourcing Manager
About the course
Acquire a foundational understanding of managing and optimizing procurement and supplier management. You will learn basic principles of purchasing and develop strategies in supplier negotiations impacted by economic and regulatory issues.
Improve your ability to:
- Discuss the importance of purchasing in the supply chain—often the largest expense for a company (cost of goods sold)
- Explain the dynamic environment of the purchasing industry including economic and regulatory issues
- Decide what procurement strategies make sense for your company
- Understand the basics of spend analysis
- Discuss key issues in supplier negotiation that can be used in practice
Key Purchasing Concepts
- Spend analysis
- Commodity segmentation
- Supplier bid evaluation
- Supplier and industry research
- Global/worldwide sourcing
- Total cost of ownership analysis
- Domestic trends
- International trends
- Sustainability in the supply base
- Ethics in procurement
- Supplier quality
Influence the Process
- Data and influence
- How to get the most out of the supply base
- Maintaining strong supplier relationships
- Cost modeling techniques
- Market intelligence
- RFP Development in Manufacturing and Services
Value For You and Your Organization
Strategic Procurement and Purchasing provides practical information to better manage purchasing operations. You will learn techniques for lowering total procurement costs or maintaining current costs in an environment where material costs are on the rise.
Senior Partner, Chain Connectors, Inc. Dr. Christopher D. Norek is Senior Partner and founding member of Chain Connectors, Inc., a supply chain consulting and software implementation firm. He has over 20 years of supply chain experience with a unique combination of consulting, industry and acade...
Lecturer, Supply Chain & Operations Department of Business Management North Carolina State University Donavon Favre has experience in teaching, industry and consulting professional with deep supply chain management skills. His broad-based industry knowledge includes Oil and Gas, Utilities, C...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.