Who should attend
This course is designed for business analysts, managers, directors, or anyone who is in involved in strategic planning at any level in the federal government.
About the course
Strategic planning plays a critical role in driving action and delivering desired results within a Federal agency. You will develop a working knowledge of the Federal performance management framework and the ability to apply a strategic planning process through an exploration of key principles, practical tools, and effective practices. You will return to your organization with the skills to contribute to or lead strategic planning activities that advance the overall mission.
- Describe the federal performance management framework and the strategic planning process
- Discuss strategic planning models and techniques used to analyze both internal and external environments
- Write actionable strategic planning goals and objectives
- Discuss the contents of the annual performance plan and effective performance indicators and targets
- Describe the purpose of performance and strategic reviews
Overview of Federal Performance Requirements
- Introduction to Strategic Planning
- Strategic Planning and Federal Performance Requirements
- Components of the Strategic Plan
- Strategic Planning Process
Analyzing Internal and External Environments
- Analysis of Internal and External Environments
- Strategic Planning Models and Techniques
Setting Strategic Goals and Objectives
- Strategic Goals and Objectives
- Writing Strategic Goals and Objectives
- Agency Priority Goals and Management Objectives
- Module Capstone: Evaluating Strategic Plans
Annual Performance Plan
- The Annual Performance Plan
- Performance Indicators and Targets
- Module Capstone: The Annual Performance Plan
Performance and Strategic Reviews
- Performance Reviews
- Strategic Reviews
- Enterprise Risk Management
- The Annual Performance Report (APR)
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.