Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Enhance your ability to set and reach strategic and economic goals by equipping yourself with methods and frameworks proven to be successful.
Develop the skills and strategies to make strategic decisions and execute with confidence company-wide. Establish a solid foundation in managing strategically by reviewing current industry, corporate, divisional and product strategy frameworks. Apply these techniques through a series of in class simulations, case studies and current scenarios. Gain an in-depth knowledge of contemporary strategic frameworks and tools along with the skill to apply them immediately in your current work environment.
Develop the skills and strategies to make high-level decisions and to execute with confidence company-wide.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Examine the strategic management process
- Recognize the major frameworks of industry, corporate, divisional and product strategies
- Uncover how industry, corporate, and economic drivers affect strategy
- Educate your staff and line managers in applying strategy in day-to-day decision making
- Identify the strategic forces affecting your business and how to leverage them
- Discover how to perceive products, processes and firms to enhance your competitive advantage
- Utilize strategy management tools for successful implementation
- Industry, Corporate and Divisional Strategies
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Porter’s Business Unit and Generic Strategies
- SWOT Analysis
- Product Strategies
- Product Life Cycles
- GE's Business Screen
- Christensen’s Innovator’s Dilemma
- Value Chain Analysis
Biography Prior to joining the University of Texas, he served as the CEO and board member of Broadwing Communications in Austin, Texas. He led the successful sale of the company to Level 3 Communications in January 2007 for $1.8 billion. Mr. Courter had served as CEO and Chairman of NEON Communic...
MS, University of Texas at Austin MBA, Brigham Young University Mike Peterson is a Managing Director at the Pemberton Economic Group and a Lecturer in the Department of Management at the McCombs School of Business. As a Lecturer at the University of Texas, Mike teaches graduate and undergradua...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.