Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Enhance your ability to set and reach strategic and economic goals by equipping yourself with methods and frameworks proven to be successful.
Develop the skills and strategies to make strategic decisions and execute with confidence company-wide. Establish a solid foundation in managing strategically by reviewing current industry, corporate, divisional and product strategy frameworks. Apply these techniques through a series of in class simulations, case studies and current scenarios. Gain an in-depth knowledge of contemporary strategic frameworks and tools along with the skill to apply them immediately in your current work environment.
Develop the skills and strategies to make high-level decisions and to execute with confidence company-wide.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Examine the strategic management process
- Recognize the major frameworks of industry, corporate, divisional and product strategies
- Uncover how industry, corporate, and economic drivers affect strategy
- Educate your staff and line managers in applying strategy in day-to-day decision making
- Identify the strategic forces affecting your business and how to leverage them
- Discover how to perceive products, processes and firms to enhance your competitive advantage
- Utilize strategy management tools for successful implementation
- Industry, Corporate and Divisional Strategies
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Porter’s Business Unit and Generic Strategies
- SWOT Analysis
- Product Strategies
- Product Life Cycles
- GE's Business Screen
- Christensen’s Innovator’s Dilemma
- Value Chain Analysis