Who should attend
Current leaders, aspiring board directors, and mid to senior level managers primed to take on greater responsibility.
About the course
How prepared are you, as a manager or leader, to represent an organisation at the most senior levels? Could you recognise and apply the principles of good corporate governance? Are you confident in your understanding of the broader critical issues of governance, compliance and corporate social responsibility, and how to apply this thinking to a global business strategy for the organisation?
The King’s Strategic Management & Governance Programme enables this strategic leadership mindset, empowering executives to operate confidently at a senior level with internal partners and external stakeholders
Gain critical understanding of opportunities and challenges around governance and strategic management
As executives move from functional to leadership roles, they need to rapidly broaden their skillset to develop a confident understanding of a wide range of management topics.
Alongside gains in professional development, participants will benefit from growing their professional network and working with world-class academics and expert speakers.
Gain expertise in:
Governance and compliance
- Understand the global compliance landscape and role of comparative governance and corporate law
- Increased awareness of how models and frameworks can be applied within an organisation
- Enhanced and informed decision-making with a greater understanding of the implications of global regulation, the digital landscape, and risk
- The ability to incorporate regulation, systems and digital considerations into your strategy and planning processes
- Gain a holistic appreciation of the governance functions of corporate boards, including investor perspectives and new governance challenges
- Develop a more strategic and proactive mind-set with a fuller sense of the leadership role
- The ability to assess and communicate critical strategic and regulatory information
- Greater confidence when engaging in discussions at all levels
Next steps for further study – The benefits of King’s flexible approach
- This programme can be taken either as a standalone intensive short course (non-credit), or as a module working towards the King’s Executive Management MSc (for credit). Our flexible approach to study is designed to suit the changing time pressures and development needs of busy professionals. The programme fees remain the same; at the time of application participants need only commit to completing the ‘credit’ version of the programme to leave open the option to continue towards the MSc at a later date.
Igor Filatotchev is a Professor of Corporate Governance and Strategy at Cass Business School, City, University of London. Before coming to Cass in 2007 he held various academic positions at Nottingham University Business School, Bradford University School of Management, King’s College and Birkbec...
Gianvito Lanzolla is Professor of Strategy at Cass Business School, City University London, which he joined in April 2006. He currently serves as the Head of the Faculty of Management and he is the Founder and Director of the Cass’s Digital Leadership Research Centre (DLRC). Before joining Cass B...
Chizu has worked for a number of firms in the City of London and chairs the British Japanese Law Association. She has served as consultant to inter-governmental organisations, including the United Nations, World Bank and European Commission, and advises, on a regular basis, various regulatory and...
George Dallas has served as Policy Director at the International Corporate Governance Network since 2014, where he coordinates ICGN’s governance polices and committees, and plays an active role in ICGN’s policy development and regulatory outreach on behalf of members whose assets under management...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.