Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you have responsibility for leading an organization, initiative/project, or department, this program will benefit you. Specifically applicable to:
- Leaders charged with creating and implementing strategy, change initiatives, and/or developing organizational capability
- Leaders, Directors, and Managers responsible for developing new or refined strategic initiatives, executing against strategy, or implementing new initiatives.
- Leaders of functions who wish to have a more comprehensive understanding of how enterprise level strategy and transformation can be intentionally envisioned
About the course
Prepare to lead transformational change in your organization. Develop the perspective to assess your competitive environment and opportunities, develop strategy and turn it into action, build your team and improve communication.
Improve your ability to effectively:
- Critically assess and respond to the changing environment and marketplace
- Develop a strategic roadmap that aligns your unit's strategy with the enterprise
- Apply critical thinking to test innovation and strategic initiatives
- Assess your organizational culture and the propensity for change
- Communicate, motivate, and empower to lead organizational change
Faculty leaders will have you take a global view of your organization where you will confront the external factors affecting the business and identify opportunities for innovation.
- Assessing the external environment
- Setting direction for your organization
- Leading innovation and determining strategy
- Managing cycles of change
- Encouraging flexibility and creativity
Enhancing People Systems
- Team-building methods
- Understanding your organizational environment and readiness for change
- Translating strategic intent into action
- Enhancing leadership effectiveness through better communication
- Creating value
- Aligning goals for enhancing performance
Value Created for You and Your Company
What's your organizational DNA? Through an exclusive tool that uses current data provided by your colleagues, you receive a candid, objective assessment of your current organizational and leadership environment. The Strategy, Leadership, Culture Questionnaire (SLCQ) is a simple but powerful process that measures 18 critical dimensions of organizational effectiveness.
Al Vicere is Executive Education Professor of Strategic Leadership for The Smeal College of Business at The Penn State. He holds Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees from Penn State where he served for over eleven years as the Smeal College's Associate Dean for Executive Education. He was th...
Charlene Zietsma is Associate Professor, and John & Becky Surma Dean's Research Fellow, Management and Organization at the Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University. She earned her doctorate at the University of British Columbia, Canada. Charlene focuses on contexts involving ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.