Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Smeal College of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Prepare to lead transformational change in your organization. Develop the perspective to assess your competitive environment and opportunities, develop strategy and turn it into action, build your team and improve communication.
Improve your ability to effectively:
- Critically assess and respond to the changing environment and marketplace
- Develop a strategic roadmap that aligns your unit's strategy with the enterprise
- Apply critical thinking to test innovation and strategic initiatives
- Assess your organizational culture and the propensity for change
- Communicate, motivate, and empower to lead organizational change
Faculty leaders will have you take a global view of your organization where you will confront the external factors affecting the business and identify opportunities for innovation.
- Assessing the external environment
- Setting direction for your organization
- Leading innovation and determining strategy
- Managing cycles of change
- Encouraging flexibility and creativity
Enhancing People Systems
- Team-building methods
- Understanding your organizational environment and readiness for change
- Translating strategic intent into action
- Enhancing leadership effectiveness through better communication
- Creating value
- Aligning goals for enhancing performance
Value Created for You and Your Company
What's your organizational DNA? Through an exclusive tool that uses current data provided by your colleagues, you receive a candid, objective assessment of your current organizational and leadership environment. The Strategy, Leadership, Culture Questionnaire (SLCQ) is a simple but powerful process that measures 18 critical dimensions of organizational effectiveness.
Who should attend
Leaders charged with creating and implementing strategy and developing organizational capability:
- General Managers
- Functional Managers
- Unit Leaders
- Strategic Influencers
Trust the experts
Al Vicere is Executive Education Professor of Strategic Leadership for The Smeal College of Business at The Penn State. He holds Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees from Penn State where he served for over eleven years as the Smeal College's Associate Dean for Executive Education. He was th...
I am a Professor of Strategic Management, the BNY Mellon Fellow, and the Chair of the Management & Organization Department of the Smeal College of Business at the Pennsylvania State University. I received my Ph.D. in Strategic Management from the University of Florida (2002). Before deciding...