Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Maastricht School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Directing your organization
The Strategic Leadership program mainly targets participants from non-European countries and/or NGOs who are active in these countries.
The Strategic Leadership course informs you on the most relevant aspects of effective strategic leadership and offers you the tools and instruments that can help you in developing and implementing effective strategies. The program takes a practice oriented approach providing you with examples from practitioners.
Both private and public organizations need to adapt to numerous outside world developments such as technological developments, economic development, the need for more social responsibility and increased international competition.
Strategic management and leadership deals with processes aimed at setting the organization’s direction, objectives and priorities in the changing landscape, at focusing internal energy and resources to achieve the objectives and at aligning internal and external stakeholders. Strategic management and leadership is about analysis, decision making and planning. It is also about implementation of strategic plans to realize the desired performance.
Reasons to follow the Strategic Leadership course
- Develop your strategic thinking skills and attitude
- Learn about tools and instruments for strategy planning and implementation
- Understand how to apply the knowledge and skills directly to the daily practice of your organization through the practice oriented and focused approach
The main objective of this program is to provide you with conceptual and practical understanding of strategic leadership, and to have you acquire and improve the necessary skills for achieving impact.
At the end of the program you will have acquired deeper insight in underlying concepts, mechanisms and dynamics, as well as in your own personal leadership style, and its effectiveness in typical situations.
You will have learned how strategic leadership works out in the practice of day-to-day organizational performance, in the organization‹s culture, how your own personal leadership behavior has impact on others, and how to use advanced influence techniques effectively.
Following topics will be discussed in the course
- Introduction to strategic thinking
- Analysis of external developments and internal organization characteristics and capabilities
- Mission, vision and strategic goals as part of the strategic framework
- Strategy as the ‘grand plan’ to realize objectives
- Strategy implementation and monitoring
- The role of leadership in strategy planning and implementation
Who should attend
- Executives with responsibility for strategic planning and/or change management
- HR professionals
- Consultants and lecturers working in areas related to strategic planning and/or change management