This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
In the rapidly changingworld,many institutions of our society are passing through a challenging phase. The situation is evenmore complex and critical for educational institutions, particularly for schools. What happens in schools today is likely to determine what will happen in our society in future. It also seems to be true that often there are no definite or perfect answers for the issues being faced by schools today. It is our contention that the principal of a school has the most pivotal role in shaping the destiny of the school. As the administrative and academic head, the principal has a unique leadership rolewhich can be immensely challenging and highly rewarding at the same time. However, for effectively responding to the challenges, an exchange of ideas and practices is critical. The programme will focus on the multiple roles and responsibilities of the school principal, provide space to examine issues thatmostprincipals face today,andfacilitate evolving a strategic response for a better future for schools.
- Strategic management and decision-making
- Elements of visionary leadership
- Introducing and managing change at institutional level
- Managing human resources and implementing suitable systems of appraisal, evaluation, and feedback for teachers and staff
- Interpersonal communicationand team building
- Counselling for academic excellence and happiness
- Issues in teacher development
- Establishing effective interface with all the stakeholders
- Managing innovations in schools
- Right to education and its implication
Who should attend
Principals of senior secondary schools (with classes up to XII) affiliated to the state, national or international boards. A few individuals with background in managing schools or being promoters of schools may be considered on a case to case basis.
Trust the experts
Educational Qualifications Ph.D. in Educational Research, Statistics & Evaluation, University of Virginia, Virginia, USA (2015) M.Ed. in Educational Psychology, University of Houston, Texas, USA (December 2010) M.Sc. in Solid State Physics, Sardar Patel University, Gujarat, India (2007) B.S...