Strategic Human Resources Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
The role of today’s HR manager demands broad responsibilities that include organizational leadership and strategic thinking. As the profession evolves, HR departments are being called upon to make bigger-picture decisions and to execute well-defined HR strategies that align with larger organizational strategies.
As an HR manager, can you articulate your company’s business goals and strategy? Do you know how best to align your human resource tools and expertise—from recruitment, to talent management, to engagement—to support this strategy? Upon completion of this online certificate program, you should be able to speak and understand the language of your business leaders with ease.
This certificate consists of six two-week courses. This advanced HR management certificate program provides a broad organizational perspective, laying the foundation for you to identify, develop, and measure HR initiatives critical to your firm’s bottom-line success.
- Human Resources Leadership
- Aligning HR Strategy with Organizational Strategy
- Diversity and Inclusion in Practice for HR
- Getting Results through Talent Management
- Strategic Engagement
- Strategic Talent Analytics
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Describe three major roles you can play as an HR leader
- Effectively influence business strategy as an HR leader
- Discuss factors that may derail leaders and strategy along with how to prevent that from happening
- Develop a plan to structure an organization’s people, processes, and technologies to create maximum value for stakeholders
- Distinguish between diversity and inclusion
- Describe methods to reduce prejudice and improve psychological safety in work groups
- Develop a model for talent management that attracts and retains talent
- Revise your employer brand when internal and external changes to the organization diminish its effectiveness
- Explain how and why an organization uses metrics and analytics; assess measurement requirements tied to the organization’s needs
- Persuade business leaders at your organization that engagement is critical to business success
- Lead an effort to build employee engagement at your organization
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Strategic Human Resources Leadership Certificate from Cornell ILR School
- 40 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 30 Strategic Management credit hours toward SPHR and GPHR recertification
- 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification
- 36 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification