Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Individuals from organisations of any size and in any industry, including:
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Other functional leaders with management experience and an interest in human capital management
About the course
Refreshed to address challenges that HR professionals face in today’s disrupted world!
Effective management of human capital is critical to the success of organisations. Recently refreshed to introduce topics such as People Analytics, and Reinventing Comp & Ben for the Future of Work, this programme addresses issues and challenges that HR professionals will face in today’s disrupted world. In addition to NUS faculty, guest practitioners Patricia Chew, from NTUC Enterprise and previously Walmart China, and Dr Fermin Diez, Dpy CEO National Council of Social Service, will be sharing from their real-world experiences.
Incorporating topics that are essential for the future of work, this comprehensive programme addresses both traditional and emerging human resource issues. It is designed to help general managers and HR professionals work on integrating human capital strategy with business strategy, and leverage on technology in the area of emerging HR technologies including people analytics.
Participants will learn about the trends and developments, the issues and challenges of managing talents globally and locally, and emerging HR technologies. With the accelerating changes in workforce demographics and business operations, this programme will better position HR leaders be in a better position to navigate through this rapidly changing environment.
- Emerging HR issues and challenges
- Talent management
- Learning & Development
- Performance management
- Cross cultural & diversity management
- People analytics and emerging technologies
- Learn to develop HR practices that are consistent with your organisation’s corporate and business strategy
- Gain insights into how ﬁrms can best compete in the global war for talent
- Understand the role of HR in helping to develop people and position them for growth
- Learn to measure performance for feedback and development
- Understand how ﬁrms operate across borders through developing and retaining global leaders
- Be exposed to analytical tools and understand technology’s role in managing human capital
Joo Yong is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Management & Organisation at NUS Business School. He specialises in human resource management, leadership development, career management and talent management. Besides teaching undergraduates, he also teaches various leadership and executive ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.