Strategic Human Resource Management
Unlocking HR to Create Value
Effective management of human capital is critical to the success of most organisations. Yet with all the emphasis on human resource development, many leaders still struggle with managing performance and retaining talent.
Drawing on recent research in human resources management, this comprehensive programme is designed to help general managers and HR professionals address the issues involved with balancing human resource strategy with business strategy, and managing talent to maximise performance.
The programme explores a variety of case studies and discussions that will help you to appreciate the strategic role and impact of human resources. You will learn about the issues and challenges of managing talent globally and locally, as well as best practices for implementing performance management. Timely and essential topics, such as the impact of social media, the changing meaning of work, and the impact of Gen Y on the workplace, will be examined.
- Emerging HR issues and challenges
- Talent management
- Developing executive intelligence
- Performance management
- International HR
- Learn to develop HR practices that are consistent with your organisation's corporate and business strategy
- Gain insights into how ﬁrms can best compete in the global war for talent
- Understand the role of HR in helping to develop executive intelligence in people
- Learn to measure performance and become adept at providing performance feedback
- Understand how ﬁrms operate across borders through developing and retaining global leaders
Who should attend
Individuals from organisations of any size and in any industry, including:
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Other functional leaders with management experience and an interest in human capital management