Who should attend
Individuals from organisations of any size and in any industry, including:
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Other functional leaders with management experience and an interest in human capital management
About the course
Unlocking HR to Create Value
Effective management of human capital is critical to the success of organisations. Yet with all the emphasis on human resource development, many leaders still struggle with managing performance and retaining talent.
Drawing on recent research in human resources management, this comprehensive programme is designed to help general managers and HR professionals address the issues involved with integrating human capital strategy with business strategy, and managing talent to maximise their contributions to the organisation.
The programme explores a variety of case studies and discussions that will help participants appreciate the strategic role and impact of human resources. You will learn about the trends and developments, the issues and challenges of managing talents globally and locally, and emerging HR technologies. With the availability of today’s technology, HR managers are in a better position to leverage on technology in the area of learning and development as well as people analytics.
Timely and essential topics, such as the impact of social media, the changing meaning of work, and the impact of a multi-generational workforce will also be examined.
- Emerging HR issues and challenges
- Talent management
- Learning & Development
- Performance management
- Cross cultural & diversity management
- People analytics and emerging technologies
- Learn to develop HR practices that are consistent with your organisation’s corporate and business strategy
- Gain insights into how ﬁrms can best compete in the global war for talent
- Understand the role of HR in helping to develop people and position them for growth
- Learn to measure performance for feedback and development
- Understand how ﬁrms operate across borders through developing and retaining global leaders
- Be exposed to analytical tools and understand technology’s role in managing human capital
Joo Yong is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Management & Organisation at NUS Business School. He specialises in human resource management, leadership development, career management and talent management. Besides teaching undergraduates, he also teaches various leadership and executive ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.