About the course
This program is designed to deepen the business acumen and strategic insights of human resources leaders, enabling them to align the HR function with organizational strategy and deliver measurable impact upon the key drivers of enterprise success in the global, digital marketplace.
A blended learning journey combining at-your-own-pace online modules with 3 days on campus
Emerging technologies, changing workforce demographics and accelerating changes in business operations are disrupting how human resources performs in organizations.
Today's human resources leaders need advanced business acumen and agility skills in addition to traditional human resources expertise to understand, interpret and respond to the new demands in the workplace.
This program allows participants to update existing skills and quickly develop new capabilities to effectively navigate the rapidly changing business environment and become the human resources leaders of the future.
Self-Paced Online Learning Modules
- Introduction to Organizations
- Introduction to Operations
- Introduction to Management & Leadership
- Strategic HR & Business Performance
- Case Study
- Strategic Thinking: Create, Capture, and Deliver Value
- Human Capital Management: The Crossroad between HR and Finance
- People Analytics: From Metrics to Insights
- Introduction to Disruptive Technologies: An HR Perspective
- Make an Impact: Power, Influence, Persuasion & Communication
- Case Study Group Presentations
Learning Goals & Outcomes
- Identify and interpret organizational strategy in relation to HR’s role in creating shared value for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze the core principles of managerial finance to demonstrate ROI and effectively budget initiatives within HR and across business units
- Apply data analytics best practices and tools to visualize key performance indicators and influence decision making
- Build presentation skills through enhanced executive presence, messaging, and persuasive communication
- Gain a foundational understanding of business essentials including Operational Excellence, Management & Leadership, and Organizational Effectiveness
Biography Professor of Management and Organizations Corinne Bendersky is an expert in workplace conflict, status and justice in teams and organizations. Bendersky’s research resonates in constructive and concrete ways both in academe and business. Bendersky teaches in UCLA Anderson’s full-time...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.