About the course
An intro on how to harness collective intelligence towards business outcomes in prototyping and ideation sessions, workshops and meetings.
Time is a finite resource, yet we waste so much of it in poorly planned workshops.
- How can you make sure you get the most out of everyone in the room?
- How will you make sure that you hit specific goals or agenda items?
- How might you handle conflict or difficult group members?
- What tools and skills do you need to be a great workshop or meeting facilitator?
As pioneers of facilitation-based learning and education, Hyper Island has over 20 years’ experience helping teams work better together. In this introductory 1-day workshop we’ll share as much as we can to equip you with the tools and methods you need.
What you'll learn
After this 1-day course you will have acquired basic knowledge and skills to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- Know the foundations of workshop and meeting design & facilitation
- Know how to use facilitation as a tool to boost innovation and to solve complex issues
- Know how to lead a group towards a common goal, while managing expectations
- Understand how to approach working with diverse groups and behaviors
- Understand the importance of human needs in teams
- Understand principles and mental models for practising process design and facilitation
Skills & Tools
- Design meetings and workshops towards a specific goal or outcome
- Harness the collective intelligence of a group
- Engage and include participants when running workshops, ideation and prototyping processes
- Build supportive environments and set up guidelines for groups
- Put process design into action
- Apply the right tools, methods and skills in the right moment
- Create your own facilitation toolbox to empower yourself and your team
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.