Who should attend
This course is intended for mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, and senior leaders with over three years experience. Learners may come from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
About the course
The ability to make effective and timely decisions is an essential skill for successful executives. Mastery of this skill influences all aspects of day-to-day operations as well as strategic planning. In this course, developed by Professor Robert Bloomfield, Ph.D. of Cornell University’s Johnson Graduate School of Management, you will hone your decision-making skills by following a methodology based on tested actions and sound organizational approaches. You will leave this course better equipped to confidently tackle any decision large or small, and you’ll do so in a way that creates the optimal conditions for success.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Respond decisively and consistently when faced with situations that require a decision
- Determine the most important features of the decision you need to make, based on the setting and the context
- Recognize and compensate for psychological factors in yourself and in others that affect decision quality
- Incorporate available information into decisions, with an awareness of the limitations of that information
- Establish responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure effective follow-through on decisions made
Since coming to the Johnson Graduate School of Management in 1991, Prof. Robert Bloomfield has used laboratory experiments to study financial markets and investor behavior, and has also published in all major business disciplines, including finance, accounting, marketing, organization behavior, a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.