Who should attend
Ideal for managers and executives from all functional areas involved in strategic decision-making.
About the course
Effective decision-making takes strategic insight and the right set of frameworks, methods and tools. But the most rigorous decision-making processes fall apart if you're not asking the right questions to begin with.
In this one-day workshop, you will join other professionals for a hands-on immersion into the art and science of strategic decision-making. With a series of cases, hands-on scenarios, and facilitated discussions to bridge theory and practice, you will learn to:
- Better synthesize data and stakeholder input to formulate better, more comprehensive strategic questions
- Manage participative decision-making process to take advantage of collective intelligence and avoid 'groupthink'
- Use evidence-based techniques to avoid common psychological "decision traps"
- More effectively identify and mitigate risks and 'blind spots' in decision-making
- Present decisions and seek input in ways that builds stakeholders' commitment and buy-in
Lukas is an assistant professor at the Asper School of Business where he teaches in the B.Comm, MBA, and Executive Education programs. His teaching has been recognized with the University of Manitoba Merit Award, The Reg Litz MBA Luminary Teaching Award, an Associates' Achievement Award and the G...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.