Who should attend
- Leaders/Corporate Executives
- High-level, Mid-level, and Newly Promoted Managers
- Entrepreneurs/Small Business Owners
- Experienced individual contributors moving into to leadership roles
- Job or Promotion Seekers
About the course
Leading in a VUCA world—one that is more volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous—means you can’t operate “as usual.” The way you made decisions, communicated with and managed your team, and led change initiatives needs to change. But that means you’re also presented with an opportunity. Crises and disruptions can generate much-needed advancements both at the individual and organizational levels. Those advancements can lead to a more engaged and productive workforce, and strategic agility that enables stronger growth and profitability.
In Strategic Decision-Making and Leadership in a Crisis, you will learn from two renowned experts who have developed and led leadership programs at some of the world’s most prestigious academic institutions, prominent corporations, and at West Point. They share their unique perspectives and areas of expertise in two dynamic team-taught sessions.
Over two two-hour live sessions, you will discover how to build agility into your decisions, making them with less available data and adjusting quickly as situations evolve. Meaningful yet manageable pre-work for this program will introduce important concepts and give you an opportunity to develop questions to explore with the instructors and a peer group of leaders during the online sessions. You will come away with advanced skills that will make a greater impact in your organization, both during and long after a crisis.
## Participants in this program will:
- Prepare your organization for a post-crisis “new normal” that is more volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous
- Better manage and lead change
- Apply best practices for decision making under uncertainty
- Understand the mindsets of those you lead to better engage and support them
- Develop more decision makers who will in turn add strategic agility
- Leverage crises and disruptions to improve and strengthen your organization
Todd Henshaw teaches Executive Leadership Programs at Wharton. Prior to coming to Wharton, Todd was a Professor at Columbia University, and Academy Professor and Director of Leadership Programs at the United States Military Academy at West Point. A key architect of West Point’s Leader Development...
Kathy Pearson is Founder and President of Enterprise Learning Solutions, a firm focused on executive development. She is a Senior Fellow at the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics at the University of Pennsylvania and has also served as an adjunct associate professor in the Operations and...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.