Storytelling for Persuasive Presentations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
Have you ever wanted to create presentations that are more effective, compelling, insightful and actionable? This course shows you how to move beyond data, ‘facts’ and information and harness the power of ‘Storytelling’. Storytelling is a proven technique used by authors, journalists and thinkers which can have a dramatic impact on the way you, your company and your agencies communicate.
- You will learn how to think, speak and present in stories not catalogues, survive and thrive in the Data Rich Insight Poor (DRIP) world and avoid the duvet presentation.
- Create a Golden Thread of structure, rather than ‘just one thing after another’.
- Learn to simplify and edit, edit, edit.
- Write less and think more.
- Use the basic elements of storytelling.
- Learn the difference between the presentation deck and the leave behind.
- Use your - and your company’s - time more efficiently.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who prepares and presents arguments, recommendations and conclusions – either for themselves or their company (all levels from director downwards). Those who present data or research will find it particularly useful, such as: research agencies, media agencies, ad agency planners and account managers, client insight/research teams and sales managers.