Who should attend
This course is for anyone who prepares and presents arguments, recommendations and conclusions – either for themselves or their company (all levels from Director downwards). Those who present data or research will find it particularly useful, such as research agencies, media agencies, ad agency planners and account managers, client insight/research teams, sales managers etc.
About the course
Have you ever wanted to create presentations that are more effective, compelling, insightful and actionable?
Do you feel we are all increasingly dependent on weighty decks of data, endless charts and passionless quantity over enlightening insight?
Do you need to reduce swathes of material into something pithy, cogent and memorable?
In a world that is “data rich insight poor”, this course shows you how to move beyond data, facts and information and harness the emotional power of storytelling to win over any audience.
- Unlearn why we have allowed ourselves to worship numbers and facts, rather than emotion and story
- Learn how to think, speak and present in stories not catalogues and make your communications simpler and more persuasive
- Discover how to get beneath “attention spam”
- Follow the 6 S.I.M.P.L.E. rules
- Find out how to build The Golden Thread
- Storyboard your presentation
- Discover the power of headlines
- Understand the “2/3 rule of timing”
- Edit, edit, edit
- Carry out exercises with live material, including “heroes and villains, conflicts and quests”
Tas has created or endured around 6,000 presentations in his career. As a result, he has been writing and carrying out courses on the subject of storytelling in business for 15 years from the UK to the US and in France. Over that time, he has trained some 1,000 people in the art and science of st...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.