Storytelling for Leaders
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Carlson School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Storytelling is a powerful leadership tool. Stories build rapport and connection in a way that facts and information do not. When we share stories, we engage the emotions and imagination of others to help them see things differently—and act differently as a result. There are many reasons to tell stories. Leaders can use stories to build rapport before sharing an idea, to provide context for a decision, or to illustrate a specific point that supports a larger goal. Stories can weave together the threads of an argument in a way that brings that entire communication to life for the audience. Stories help others understand our thinking because they do more than prove that information is true—they give meaning to that information. This intensive, active two-day course will teach you how to tap into the stories you have within you, and use them to authentically engage and inspire your audiences. You will practice telling stories and receive actionable, individualized coaching to increase your effectiveness and ability to motivate action.
- Understand the purpose of storytelling and how to use it as a leadership tool
- Use The Story Spine to structure a compelling anecdote
- Identify the right moment for a story
- Use language and classic narrative techniques to hold the room
- Tell stories with a dynamic and engaging physical presence
- Craft stories in-the-moment for a variety of audiences and situations
- Increase your ability to engage, inspire, and motivate action through storytelling
Who should attend
This course is for leaders at all levels who wish to enhance their leadership communication skills with storytelling.