Who should attend
This course is for anyone with an interest in visual merchandising and branding. Perhaps you already work in fashion or retail and would like to specialise, or maybe you want to put your creativity to the test while simultaneously considering commercial outcomes as a professional visual merchandiser does.
About the course
This online course will teach you advanced visual merchandising skills. Focusing on store design and types of layout, you will consider product positioning, customer flow, link selling, hot spots and more - ideal if you have overall responsibility for large or small retail spaces.
This is a practical course where you will get the opportunity to create your own visual merchandising floor plan and develop your designs through the medium of your choice (students in the past have used Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D models and sketching).
You will learn through live class discussions, tutor Q&As, practical tasks and analysing case studies of a range of retail outlets. You will primarily explore fashion and homeware brands, but the skills you learn are transferable to any retail setting.
There is no question that visual merchandising optimisation can increase retail sales and improve the customer experience. This course will teach you how to do this yourself, and could lead to an exciting career as a senior visual merchandiser.
By the end of the course you will be able to;
- Build and create your own retail designs
- Create visual merchandising planograms
- Create a customer profile using the image of a brand
- Understand of customer flow
- The job role of a visual merchandiser
- The psychology behind the customer’s shopping experience
- The importance of link selling
- Product presentation methods
- Customer flow and the importance of store layout
- Creating a strong brand image with visual merchandising in store
- Creating a customer profile
- Creating planograms
- Principles used to create Pop Up Stores
- Display theory
- Visual merchandising trends
- Creating hot spots and promotional spaces
- Building and creating your own retail designs
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
After over 20 years industry experience I feel it's important to pass on my industry knowledge to other aspiring Visual Merchandisers. I have had the pleasure to have worked for London retailers ; Harrods, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols and Marks & Spencer. In 2006 I launched my own consultancy b...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.