Statement of Cash Flows
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Preparing a cash flow statement is an essential accounting skill, but that doesn’t mean it’s always straightforward.
This one-day seminar is designed to help accounting and reporting professionals prepare the statement of cash flows per U.S. GAAP, even when special circumstances complicate the calculations. Using examples from published financial statements to illustrate scenarios and their applications, the course will explain how to incorporate non-operating changes in assets and liabilities due to factors such as acquisitions, dispositions, foreign currency translations, other comprehensive income and share-based payments.
- ASC Topic 230: Financing, Investing, and Operating Cash Flows: Detailed Discussion of FAS 95 Requirements
- Classifying Cash Flows
- Examples of SEC Comment Letters
- When the Balance Sheet Changes Differ from Cash Flow Adjustments
- Special Issues: Deferred Taxes and Stock Options: Deferred Taxes
- Stock-Based Compensation
- Miscellaneous Cash Flow Topics: Pensions and Other Post Employment Benefits
- Significant Non-cash Events
- Premium and Discount Bonds
- Equity Investments
- Derivatives and Hedging
- Vendor Financing
- Discontinued Operations