About the course
Cash flow statement preparation is challenging because net income must be reconciled to cash flows based on changes in balance sheets. Preparers need to know all the GAAP rules that underlie these two statements as well as the requirements of FASB ASC 230.
This one-day seminar teaches a comprehensive, logical, and efficient process to prepare the cash flow statement accurately in the limited time typically available. We use detailed numerical examples, real cases, and SEC Comment letters to explain the judgment required in classifying cash flows, the effect of foreign operations, derivatives, deferred taxes, acquisitions, discontinued operations, share-based compensation, leases, bonds, securitizations, and equity investments.
- Overview of a logical and efficient process to prepare the cash flow statement
- Judgment required in classifying cash flows into operating, investing, financing
- Other comprehensive income, discontinued operations, and equity transactions
- Special issues relating to the following:
- Deferred taxes
- Foreign currency remeasurements and translation
- Stock-based compensation
- Equity investments
- Acquisitions, consolidations, non-controlling interests, and dispositions
- Pensions and other post-employment benefits
- Significant non-cash events
- Premium and discount on bonds
- Derivatives and hedging
Dan is the founder of Almaris Consulting and Training. He brings in 25 years of extensive experience in consulting and training in accounting, financial statement analysis, business drivers, modeling. valuation, and credit risk analysis. He has worked with over numerous corporations, investment b...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.