Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Students should have basic introductory SQL skills, basic computer skills, and be familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology.
About the course
In this course, SQL: Advanced Querying, you will create advanced SQL queries to manipulate and index tables. You will work with advanced queries to manipulate and index tables. You will also create transactions so that you can choose to save or cancel data entry process.
- Use subqueries to generate query output;
- Manipulate table data by inserting, updating, and deleting records in a table;
- Manipulate the table structure;
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views;
- Create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices;
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, create a save point within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Advanced Querying Using Subqueries
- Search Based on an Unknown Value
- Search Based on Multiple Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-level Subqueries
Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify Data
- Delete Data
Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Simple Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Add or Drop Table Columns
- Add or Drop Constraints
- Modify the Column Definition
- Delete Tables
Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Drop Views
- Create Indexes
- Drop Indexes
- Create Transactions
- Commit Transactions
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.