Sports Business Management Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lagos Business School.Full disclaimer.
Globally, sports play a pivotal role in national development and offers a tremendous prospect for society as a whole.
Even though sports development and financing in Nigeria is still largely government-dominated, the sports business management sector is increasingly booming, offering lots of local and international opportunities to different segments of the sports business value chain.
Whether breaking into the field of sports management and marketing or an established professional, the LBS Sports Business Management Program, organised in collaboration with LaLiga Business School, Spain, caters to those who are passionate about sports business and need to gain the knowledge required for successful sports business management. Delegates will acquire a broad understanding of the international and commercial aspects of the business of sport.
Focussing on the critical success factors, the course offers delegates an understanding of the global context of sports business with an emphasis on business and investment opportunities in the industry. The modules cover sports marketing, financing, leadership, technology, and innovation, among others. In the capstone ‘Promoting Effective Public-Private Partnership in Sports Business Management’ module, delegates will be exposed to perspectives from a panel of renowned sports business enthusiasts and practitioners, thereby enhancing their understanding of the sports business landscape.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
At the end of the program, participants will:
- Be exposed to research findings on the state of the sports market in Nigeria
- Learn global best practices for professionalising sports business
- Develop skills for converting sports into full-blown productive ventures
- Gain knowledge of the strategy for attracting and leveraging private sector funding in sports business
- Manage their perception and stakeholders’ understanding that sports promotion is not just for entertainment but a business with limitless potential
- Appreciate the significance of public/private sector collaboration in promoting sports business in Nigeria
- Understand the importance of digitisation and technology in driving sports business
- Better understand the sports business environment and the challenges confronting the industry
The intensive 2-day seminar presents a hybrid of lectures, experience-sharing and panel sessions spiced with case studies discussed in study groups to help participants focus concrete take-aways.
The engaging modules are designed to help participants to gain an in-depth understanding of the sports business industry as well as introduce new ideas that would challenge participants’ existing perspectives
Who should attend
- Owners of Sports Media Outfits
- Top level officers of government agencies responsible for sports administration
- Sports Media Practitioners (at senior levels)
- Business Managers of Sports Brands and Advertisers
- Marketers of sports events
- Entrepreneurs and Managers venturing into the sports business