About the course
You may not be as influential as you think you are! Most of us believe if we know our topic or if we feel good we must be good. One of the biggest mistakes we make is assuming how we feel determines how others perceive us. This session will give you the opportunity to take a closer look at what’s really going. Today’s fast-paced business environment requires leaders who can create impact and influence others with sound communication practices. But in today’s world of emails and text messages, it’s easy to overlook the importance of face-to-face communication and the focus, discipline and hard work required to be influential. Whether you’re influencing one of your employees, delivering a presentation or facilitating a meeting how you deliver determines whether or not others see you as credible, knowledgeable and trustworthy. Without doing this effectively, you inhibit your maximum potential to: influence, increase profits and build a reputation you’re proud of. Stacey Hanke will help you eliminate the static that plagues communicative delivery - to persuade, sell your ideas, motivate and influence others to act on what you have to say.
## Time Allocation - Topics
40%Influence Skills (For all communication mediums)
- Reputation Management; see yourself as others seeyou. Are you as good-or bad as you think you are when you communicate with influence?
- Communicate a compelling message that keeps your listener engaged and influences them to take action: verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Project confidence and credibility; build trust to be heard and understood.
- Communicate concise and consistent messages to clearly manage expectations and minimize miscommunication across cultures.
- Identify how your delivery as a team impacts your message and clients experience.
- Consciously and deliberately communicate in a way that influences others to take action.
- Identify how your ability to influence impacts client relationships and the value you deliver.
- Deliver a message your listener wants to receive, not only what you want them to hear. (We will work with a listener analysis to identify “who” your listeners are and “why” your message would be important to them.)
30%Identifying Your Message
- Establish a framework with logical structure for reaching a call to action.
- Deliver your strategy to clearly communicate your story and purpose.
- Implement the Communication Quick Start™ to position your message for presentations, meetings, emails, virtual and face-to-face conversations.
- From preparation, delivery to follow up, succinctly communicate your value proposition based on your listeners needs.
- Strategically insert visual aids to increase listener understanding and add impact to your message.
- Identify when the message needs to be focused on you rather than the visual aid.
10%Managing Challenging Conversations
- Handle objections and questions-and-answers with credibility, confidence and authority.
- Manage personality styles, culture and distractions to stay on track, manage time and build listener trust.
15%Holding yourself accountableYou will:
- Be asked to complete an action plan to hold yourself accountable for your development.
- Receive tools to aid in your development. Receive a copy of your video recorded exercises.
5% Video-Recorded Exercises
- Video-recorded exercises incorporated throughout the workshop to increase awareness, practice and apply the skills that are taught. (Exercises will be specific to your real-world situations.)
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Executive Development, Communicating with Influence, Effective Presentations
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Direction
Stacey Hanke is co-author of the book Yes You Can! Everything You Need From A To Z To Influence Others To Take Action. Her second book, Influence Redefined, was released as an IMS Book of the Month in early 2017. Stacey is founder of Stacey Hanke Inc. She has trained over 15,000 people to rid ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.