Smurfit Senior Leadership Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.Full disclaimer.
In collaboration with University of Virginia DARDEN Executive Education
UCD Smurfit Executive Development, Ireland’s only top 50 FT-ranked provider of executive education is pleased to launch the Smurfit Senior Leadership Programme. This programme is the first of its kind in Ireland in collaboration with the world-renowned University of Virginia’s Darden Executive Education.
Entitled Building the Growth Enterprise, this programme is a dynamic, highly interactive and experiential opportunity for businesses to create tangible outcomes for participating senior executives, their teams and their wider organisations.
A two-week fully immersive residential experience, this programme is customised to meet the needs of international businesses with operations in Ireland, together with leading Irish-owned enterprises operating globally. The programme will be delivered by expert Smurfit faculty in conjunction with Darden’s world-class faculty team. Starting with the first week in the new Smurfit Executive Development Centre, the programme will then be followed by the second week at the new Darden School of Business facility in the Washington, D.C. area. This unique combination will deepen the intellectual connection and social network for the participating group.
The Programme is designed to:
- Build the learning group and share objectives
- Understand the changing economic and technological environment of business
- Study the implications for the businesses represented on the programme
- Identify firm growth strategies
- Enhance company valuation
- Understand your personal contribution to developing strategy
- Develop team and organisation effectiveness
- Understand your personal contribution to developing culture
- Understand your personality and your role as a leader
- Create your personal development agenda
- Focus on your health and wellbeing
- Scope your company project challenge
- Refresh the learning group
- Understand the changing role of the US in the world economy
- Develop insight through market analytics
- Understand how to utilise digital, analytics and big data to the company’s advantage
- Understand design thinking in the context of developing strategy
- Explore how to build new ventures within the established enterprise
- Enhance strategy talent management
- Prioritise your health and wellbeing
- Build your personal change agenda
- Grow your peer network
- Complete your company project challenge
Key Benefits to the Executive's Team:
- Embedding the learning within the executive’s team is a key programme focus.
- Group coaching provides the basis for the executive to coach their respective teams.
- Opportunity to include key team members in the company project challenge.
Key Benefits to the Organisation:
- The programme is aimed at building future growth in the organisation in parallel with leadership capability.
- The executive can proactively contribute to the organisation’s goals with the project challenge.
- Addresses the organisation’s gaps in terms of capability, skills and expertise.
- Where there is more than one executive per organisation, executives will be mixed within the group, affording a wider learning opportunity for the organisation.
- Provides significant recognition and reward of the executive’s contribution to the organisation and future leadership potential.
Who should attend
- Senior executives from large organisations who are one or two levels from CEO
- Regional Functional Directors
- Country Manager
- Heads of Business Units
- C-suite executives of mid-size organisations