Who should attend
Whether you’re an entry-level employee or a manufacturing executive with many years of experience under your “belt,” this certificate program is for anyone who requires an overview of Six Sigma and DMAIC objectives and basic tools of process improvement.
Participant titles and job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Operations Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- General Manager
- Director of Operational Excellence
- Functional Project Lead
- Senior Project Manager
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Warehouse operations manager
- Project Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Business Process Manager
- Lead Analyst/Project Manager
- Business Process Improvement Consultant
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Individuals looking to advance in their careers or those making a career change
About the course
Six Sigma is a tried and true methodology used by today’s top companies to improve manufacturing processes, reduce variability and ensure quality management. As a result, companies attain measurable improvements and quantifiable increases in revenue.
The University of St. Thomas’ Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate is perfect for those professionals who are new to the world of Six Sigma and need foundational knowledge of the concepts such as how to:
- Identify processes that need improvements
- Reduce variability to increase overall quality
- Gain the ability to make insightful contributions and work alongside Six Sigma Green and Black belt team members
- Employ numerous process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model
- Learn methods for both qualitative and quantitative analysis of processes
- Get familiar with Six Sigma tools, techniques and practices to reduce costs and improve quality
Benefits of This Program
Introduce Yourself to the Six Sigma Process This one-day investment provides the foundation of Six Sigma methodology and can help determine if you wish to pursue a career in Six Sigma.
Become More Effective on Six Sigma Projects Understand the terms and processes used by Green Belts and Black Belts. You will be able to provide better input as a team member after the course.
Earn a Certification Receive a certification in Six Sigma Yellow Belt to move your career to the next level.
Through this program, you will learn the basic principles of Six Sigma such as data collection, data analysis and process mapping.
Topics covered include:
Introduction to Six Sigma and continuous process improvement
The relationship between quality management principles and how to select the right process
Fundamental Six Sigma tools and their applications:
- Pareto diagrams
- Data-check sheets
- Line plots
- Process maps
- Cause and effect diagrams
Introduction to the concept of statistical Six Sigma principles
Potential barriers to success with quality management systems
Susan Campion is a creative and innovative change agent who works with leaders to crystallize, scope, and execute emerging business strategies. She specializes in bringing disparate groups and individuals together to deliver outstanding results. She's worked with organizations such as Be the Matc...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.