Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Anyone who needs to learn the core functionality of SharePoint 2013, and/or needs to create and maintain a SharePoint Site, including webmasters, project managers, Information workers, business analysts, product managers and marketing managers.
About the course
Gain power skills for creating, managing and using SharePoint.
In this extensive hands-on training course, you’ll explore all the core skills you need to know to become a Microsoft SharePoint 2013 power user, including SharePoint lists and libraries, workflows, web parts, collaboration features, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath and forms, data views, business intelligence, templates and themes. After exploring the basics of the SharePoint sites, you’ll learn and practice techniques and tools for site creation, customization, communication, collaboration, information sharing and reporting, and improving business processes. You’ll benefit from the guidance and expertise of your course leader, who fully understands the needs and responsibilities of the SharePoint power user—and can help you recognize how to best apply the skills you learn to your own job. Every unit that you’ll cover has been designed to make sure that you can focus on the exact skills that you need for your role, with thorough lab exercises to solidify your new skills.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the fundamentals of how to create and customize a site with SharePoint
- Learn how to use the new Windows user interface and feature enhancements
- Use the workflow capabilities of SharePoint to create custom workflows
- Get the most out of the new socialization features of SharePoint
- Improve your business intelligence integration within Excel Services
- Organize your personal work assets with the new My Sites
- Automate your data collection efforts with SharePoint
- Use SharePoint apps including lists, libraries, sites and event calendars
- Understand the SharePoint mobility functionality
- Explore the document management features of SharePoint
- Be able to utilize the enhanced search features of SharePoint
- Facilitate collaborative communication, customize site settings and pages, and use Data View web parts
- Leverage the enhanced integration of MS Office with SharePoint
What You Will Cover
- Understanding SharePoint and changes from previous versions
- Exploring SharePoint hierarchies, SharePoint sites and SharePoint site collections
- Collaboration and socialization with SharePoint
- Blogging, microblogging, status updates, and document sharing and collaboration
- Understanding SharePoint communities
- Working with data: SharePoint lists, both out-of-the-box and custom lists
- SharePoint libraries, out-of-the-box templates and customizing document libraries
- Understanding and creating content types
- Enterprise content management: managed metadata and document sets
- Building applications with built-in tools
- Adding, removing and customizing web parts
- Understanding the new SharePoint designer
- Introduction to business process automation
- Microsoft InfoPath form services
- Designing and publishing forms with InfoPath
- Using SharePoint workflows
- Working with Excel services and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Charting with SharePoint
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.