Who should attend
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
About the course
Steps to Creating a Harassment-Free Workplace
New cases of sexual harassment are appearing in the news on a daily basis. When sexual harassment does take place, it’s critical that you and your management staff are prepared to respond.
This webinar is designed to teach managers and supervisors to recognize behaviors and situations that could lead to claims of harassment. Attendees will learn about legal responsibilities, how to respond when it arises, and most importantly, how to create a harassment-free work environment.
What you will cover
Sexual harassment issues can disrupt your organization, send employee morale plummeting, and lead to corporate liability and soaring legal fees. Join us as we explore:
- How to handle the two types of sexual harassment—quid pro quo and hostile work environment—and understand steps to respond to both
- Practical examples of sexual harassment and advice on preventing incidents and retaliation before they occur
- Steps to assess and reduce risk factors
- How managers should respond to complaints of harassment
- Remedies and protections you should make available to victims of sexual harassment
- Tips for instructing your employees about the prevention of harassment, discrimination and retaliation
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize behaviors that the courts and the EEOC consider to be sexual harassment
- Understand tactics for confronting, preventing and responding to instances of sexual harassment
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.