Who should attend
The course will suit non-designers working in service industries as well as creative professionals looking to move into this emerging discipline. In fact, anyone interested in creative problem-solving approaches and applied design thinking would benefit.
About the course
This online course is a practical introduction to the field of service design and will provide tools and methods for designing services. Service design is a people-centred design process that is used by organisations to create better services. It adds value for users by understanding and improving their experiences across the various stages of a service and for service providers by optimising their back-end operations.
During this course, you will be taught the theory and basic methods of service design while applying them to a specific challenge. This will give you both an overview of what service design is and how it can be applied in a real context.
- Week One: Service Design 101 - Intro to service design and design thinking methodologies
- Week Two: Deep-dive on design research and how to conduct it
- Week Three: Using customer journey maps, personas and clustering to define a problem.
- Week Four: How to create and visualize great service concepts
- Week Five: Prototyping and testing for service design
- Week Six: Intro to implementing service design through blueprinting and business model design
- Week Seven: Delivering service design through business model design and measuring service design
This course will include:
- In-class workshops
- Project work
- Presentations and feedback sessions
By the end of this course you will have a better understanding of:
- Service design theory and essential methods such as customer journey mapping
- Design research and how to conduct it
- How ideation and prototyping can be applied to the design of services
- How service design can be implemented through tools such as service blueprints
Megha Wadhawan is a service designer whose work brings real people into the heart of services. She’s facilitated workshops and trainings on service design and design research for organisations such as Ustwo. She co-authored the DIYToolkit for Nesta with STBY, taught at Ravensbourne University, Un...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.