Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This online training programme on Serious Traffic Collision Investigation is ideal for Police or Civil Defense First Responders and Traffic Investigators. It is suitable for junior to middle rank officers who are practitioners and to Senior Officers who supervise or mentor junior officers.
This Oxford Management Centre online training programme is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Lieutenant Colonels
About the course
Maximizing Traffic Collision Investigation and Evidence Gathering
This Oxford Management Centre Serious Traffic Collision Investigation online training programme will equip delegates with the skills and competencies to safely respond to serious traffic collisions and to ensure the safety of all members of the emergency services and the general public at the scene. It will enhance skills regarding the management of the scene and inter-agency working within a mutually agreed command and control structure.
The online training programme will take the delegates through the processes of obtaining, harvesting, and sharing information processes and the stages of thorough investigation particularly early investigative actions known as ‘The Golden Hour’. The online training programme is delivered in a manner that demonstrates how thorough investigation is used to shape road safety strategy and is delivered through the delegates working each stage of a serious traffic collision including report writing and recommendations. The online training programme will enhance the delegate skills and development of risk assessment and management.
This Serious Traffic Collision Investigation training programme will highlight:
- Key roles and responsibilities involved in managing and examining serious traffic collision scenes
- Manage the initial response to a substantive investigation, implementing Golden Hour principles, fast track actions and developing lines of enquiry
- Benefits of a National Decision Making Model and Idealized Decision-Making Model
- Principles of Containment and importance of securing, preserving, and incident site
- Manage risk to ensuring appropriate Health and Safety
- The possible forensic evidence types available from serious traffic collision scenes
At the end of this online training programme on Serious Traffic Collision Investigation, you will learn to:
- Understand the purpose & reason for collision investigation
- Manage a serious collision scene with effective health & safety, evidence gathering & scene preservation.
- Deal effectively with witnesses, suspects & the general public
- Understand the importance of effective accident reporting
- Manage restoring traffic normality
- How to develop and manage an investigation
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organisation will acquire a thorough understanding of the principles and practices required in serious traffic collision investigations which will allow them to objectivity consider strategy for road casualty reduction planning. The organization will benefit from training of officers who will have enhanced skills in managing the investigation processes.
- Establish protocols for initial response to serious traffic collisions
- Increase the organisation’s understanding of causes of serious traffic collisions to achieve positive outcomes
- Improve competence and skills of staff in managing serious traffic collision scenes
- Development of awareness of risk to ensure officer safety
- Effective investigations that assist to develop effective road safety strategies
- Enhanced confidence and trust of Government Departments with evidence-based inputs on road safety strategies
- Positive interventions outcomes that lead to reduced organizational resources expended on dealing with serious traffic collisions
Delegates will gain skills in safely managing scenes and considering developing investigative skills using a standardized investigative model.
- Awareness of the most effective ways of dealing with scenes of serious traffic collisions
- Identifying scientists, experts and other supporting specialists that can maximise forensic intelligence and evidence gathering opportunities
- Understanding the processes required to successfully investigate serious traffic collisions
- The roles and responsibilities for all those engaged in forensic and managing sequenced investigation of a collision scene
- Managing risk and safety
- Managing investigative process of lines of enquiry and structure to do so
- Effective collision reporting
DAY 1 Investigative Principles, Deployment and Containment
- Purpose of Investigations
- Introduction to Desktop exercise
- Deployment priorities and considerations
- Scene Management
- Locard’s Principle of Exchange
DAY 2 Scene Management, Risk Management and Command and Control
- Managing Risks and exercise
- Safe Scene considerations
- Sketches and scene recording considerations
- Command and Control
- NDMM National Decision-Making Model
- Multi agency working and JESIP Principles (Joint Emergency Interoperability Principles)
DAY 3 Initial Investigations, Investigation Model, Witness and Suspect Management
- Golden Hour of Investigation and Lines of Enquiry
- Effective Management of Investigation Process
- Witness Management
- Suspect Management
- Traffic Collision Report Writing
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.