Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Senior executives and team members with significant management responsibilities are ideal for this programme. Participants are carefully selected to enhance a great mix of senior executives from various industries and regions with relevant knowledge and experience to boost the quality of the discussions and group work.
Typical participants are:
- Head of Finance
- Regional Managers
- Head of Human Resources
- Head of Customer Relations
- Head of Corporate Communications
- Senior Manager
- – Organizational Learning & Talent Development et al
About the course
This program integrates key management concepts and best practices to develop strategic thinking and leadership skills as well as an integrated view of the business landscape in relations to the market dynamics. It offers a transformational learning experience that prepares the senior executive to assume responsibilities at the highest level as they lead their companies and institutions to achieve sustainable competitive edge.
The SMLP benefits not only the company, but the individual. SBS programs do not exclude the focus on the person, through various personal learning aspects.
The Impact: to the Company
- Implement effective strategies to increase profitability and long-term value
- Increase retention of hard-to-fill senior positions, both functional and cross-functional, by preparing participants to take on new responsibilities
- Reduce cost of organisational transitions and turnover to allow for a more vigorous success-planning process
The Impact: to you
- Improve your ability to provide informed insights and more effective analysis of key business issues
- Enhance your capacity to generate strategic alternatives and implement change
- Gain an action-oriented focus on leading people and creating value
- Acquire a transformed perspective that improves judgment and results in better decision making
Key Focus Areas
- Examining critical areas of evaluation and decision making
- Positioning the business for growth and profitability
- Acquiring support for business-building resources
- Forging effective cross-functional teams
- Leading through periods of growth and turbulence
- Implementing value-creating strategies that deliver results
- Leading self- from current role to next role and across all facets of life
- Leading others- identifying talent, appreciating how labour laws and other laws affect leadership in a in country, regional ( even county) scope
- Leading upwards- managing communication ( presentations) and impact to the board, how to ensure one’s presentations to the Board are effective and how to manage any conflict at that level
- Corporate governance- preparing to be on a board
SMLP is structured in a modular format divided into 4 separate modules that are spread out over a period of 8 months. Each module consists of 5 intensive days. Participants get a chance to prepare ahead of each module from an individual and syndicate group level ahead of facilitation by top rated program faculty. The program heavily employs the case methodology as one of the learning techniques; this gives participants a chance to analyze real business scenarios as they immerse themselves in the various contemporary business challenges. This will be in addition to various class simulations, videos, thought-provoking lectures by our key faculty and enlightening syndicate and class discussions by fellow participants
Dr. David Wang’ombe is the Dean, School of Management and Commerce at Strathmore University. He has lectured accounting and finance courses both at University and tertiary level for over 10 years. He is a BA (Hons) and MBA graduate of the University of Nairobi and a Certified Public Accountant of...
Irene plays a key role in the development of regional leadership programs of Strathmore Business that run in Uganda Tanzania and Rwanda. This entails gathering and analyzing the needs of the market and designing bespoke training and coaching solutions. Prior to this, Irene initiated and set up th...
Dr. Fred Ogola is the Academic Director MBA programs, Director of the Institute of Strategy and Competitiveness and Senior Lecturer of Strategy and Decision Making at Strathmore Business School. He is also Director Strategy and Investments of Property Reality Company and also Sits in the Board of...
Dr. Freddie R. Acosta is currently a Senior Lecturer of Technology & Innovation Management at Strathmore Business School. He worked as a Computer Programmer, System Network Engineer and Entrepreneur in his early career before becoming Assistant Professor of IS/IT at University of Baguio, Oliv...
Angela Ndunge is a full-time Lecturer in Organisational Behavior and Leadership at Strathmore Business School (SBS). She holds an Msc in Work and Organisational Psychology and a Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Psychology from the University of Nottingham. Her doctoral thesis was titled: Modelling...
Carol Musyoka has over 10 years of financial leadership experience working in Kenya and the United States. She has extensive deal origination, negotiation, structuring and execution experience, having been involved in several landmark corporate finance transactions in Kenya. Her executive managem...
Carl is a director and partner of BluSkye People Solutions. BluSkye specialises in consulting on change managment, organisational culture and climate as well as team development and team effectiveness. We provide a comprehensive executive coaching process aimed at assisting organisational executi...
Work Executive Coach and Change @ None Trainer in HR , Performance and Change Management @ Strathmore University Associate Chairperson Commerce and Economic Studies Department @ Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Education 2005 2010 Doctorates in Business Administration, Hu...
Susan is an articulate, reliable and experienced Management Training Consultant with a strong passion for performance and personal productivity. With over 4 years of facilitating corporate management training for diverse teams She believes organizations are capable of increasing productivity thro...
Education Doctorate in Business Administration, United States International University Africa, 2017 Master of Business Administration, Strathmore Business School, 2009 Post-fellowship Certificate in Nephrology and Fellow of the International Society of Nephrology, South African College of Medici...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.