Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Strathmore Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This program integrates key management concepts and best practices to develop strategic thinking and leadership skills as well as an integrated view of the business landscape in relations to the market dynamics. It offers a transformational learning experience that prepares the senior executive to assume responsibilities at the highest level as they lead their companies and institutions to achieve sustainable competitive edge.
The SMLP benefits not only the company, but the individual. SBS programs do not exclude the focus on the person, through various personal learning aspects.
The Impact: to the Company
- Implement effective strategies to increase profitability and long-term value
- Increase retention of hard-to-fill senior positions, both functional and cross-functional, by preparing participants to take on new responsibilities
- Reduce cost of organisational transitions and turnover to allow for a more vigorous success-planning process
The Impact: to you
- Improve your ability to provide informed insights and more effective analysis of key business issues
- Enhance your capacity to generate strategic alternatives and implement change
- Gain an action-oriented focus on leading people and creating value
- Acquire a transformed perspective that improves judgment and results in better decision making
Key Focus Areas
- Examining critical areas of evaluation and decision making
- Positioning the business for growth and profitability
- Acquiring support for business-building resources
- Forging effective cross-functional teams
- Leading through periods of growth and turbulence
- Implementing value-creating strategies that deliver results
- Leading self- from current role to next role and across all facets of life
- Leading others- identifying talent, appreciating how labour laws and other laws affect leadership in a in country, regional ( even county) scope
- Leading upwards- managing communication ( presentations) and impact to the board, how to ensure one’s presentations to the Board are effective and how to manage any conflict at that level
- Corporate governance- preparing to be on a board
SMLP is structured in a modular format divided into 4 separate modules that are spread out over a period of 8 months. Each module consists of 5 intensive days. Participants get a chance to prepare ahead of each module from an individual and syndicate group level ahead of facilitation by top rated program faculty. The program heavily employs the case methodology as one of the learning techniques; this gives participants a chance to analyze real business scenarios as they immerse themselves in the various contemporary business challenges. This will be in addition to various class simulations, videos, thought-provoking lectures by our key faculty and enlightening syndicate and class discussions by fellow participants
Who should attend
Senior executives and team members with significant management responsibilities are ideal for this programme. Participants are carefully selected to enhance a great mix of senior executives from various industries and regions with relevant knowledge and experience to boost the quality of the discussions and group work.
Typical participants are:
- Head of Finance
- Regional Managers
- Head of Human Resources
- Head of Customer Relations
- Head of Corporate Communications
- Senior Manager
- – Organizational Learning & Talent Development et al
Trust the experts
Areas of Interest Logistics, Supply Chain Management Service Operations Management Operations strategy Alejandro Lago is Professor and head of the Production, Technology and Operations Management Department, and Co-Director of The Africa Initiative at IESE Business School. He holds a Ph.D. in...
Dr. Ovadje has a doctorate in Business Administration from IESE Business School, Spain. She leads sessions in Human Resource Management, Leadership & Organizational Change in both local and international programmes. She is an active consultant to industry. Her current research interests inclu...
Dr. Mungai was the Dean of SBS for the period 2008-2012 during which the school expanded its range of executive management courses and international partnerships. His previous assignments at Strathmore include serving as the Academic and Research Director of Strathmore Business School and as Depu...
Dr. Patricia is the Advisor to the Dean & Program Leader: Women in Business & Leadership. She was formerly Vice Dean, Executive Talent Development at Strathmore Business School (SBS), the leading Business school in the Eastern Africa region. She has provided strategic oversight and insigh...
Prof. Robert Mudida is an Associate Professor of Political Economy at Strathmore Business School and has considerable lecturing and practical experience in the areas of economics, applied econometrics, public policy, negotiation, international trade and finance. He is also the Director of the Ins...
Dr Mwangi is a graduate of the University of Johannesburg – PhD. in Organizational Performance and Change Management (2004), the University of the Witwatersrand – Wits Business School in Johannesburg – MBA (1995) and the University of Nairobi (Kenya) – BA Econ. (1988). Dr Mwangi is also a Certifi...
Professor Gracia S. Ugut, PhD is on the core faculty of the Executive Education and Lifelong Learning (EXCELL) Center where she served as Assistant Dean and Program Director of the Executive MBA Program in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Her research focus is on her fields of expertise: capital market de...
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND Doctor in Business Administration, first to graduate with High Distinction, De La Salle University (Philippines) Master in Business Administration, Asian Institute of Management (Philippines) Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, De La Salle University (Philippines) P...
Eduardo Martínez Abascal is Professor of Financial Management at IESE, since 1992. He holds a Doctorate in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona, and an MBA from IESE, University of Navarra. He has also been a visiting scholar at the Sloan School of Management of the Massachusse...
Gloria De Guzman
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE PhD in Sociology Master in Public Administration, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York Master in Science in Development Sociology Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE June 20 1993 to April 10, 2015 Professor, Asian Institute of Mana...
Strathmore Business School - SMLP Experience