Who should attend
- Nursing home and long-term care administrators
- Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing assistants, and dieticians
- Physical therapists
- Facilities managers
- Hospitality professionals transitioning to a career in senior living
- People interested in a career in senior living
- Facilities developers and planners
About the course
We are approaching a radical shift in the makeup of our population: Soon 20% of the U.S. population will be over 65. That means our population will have around 90 million older adults! This is an exciting time for those interested in careers serving seniors; not just in wellness and healthcare, but with technology solutions, self- and assisted care, and designing and building living facilities. In this course, you will develop the fundamental competencies to successfully work in the emerging and complex senior living industry.
In this course, you will assess the senior living landscape and identify senior living workplace challenges as well as the solutions to those challenges. You will also explore best practices for facilitating service excellence. Finally, you will prepare for future trends and emerging complexities in senior living. In your course project, you will select a senior living option you work at or one that you believe is best aligned with your personal career interests.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Assess the senior living landscape
- Identify workplace challenges in the senior living environment and introduce solutions
- Facilitate service excellence across all touchpoints
- Prepare for future trends and emerging complexities
Judi Brownell is a professor of organizational communication and former Dean of Students at the School of Hotel Administration, SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University. She also has served as the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and as the Richard J. and Monene P. Bradley Director o...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.