Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The programme is designed for medical directors, nursing directors and those aspiring to these roles.
About the course
The roles of medical and nursing directors have changed substantially over the past 10 years and will continue to change as integration, technology, patient voice and governance make new demands. These roles are pivotal in engaging clinical and non-clinical colleagues to create supportive and effective cultures that are conducive to innovating and delivering patient-focused care.
How will you benefit from this programme?
This programme will support you to develop your understanding and crucial leadership skills such as: influencing, teamwork, resilience, building networks and personal impact.
This programme will build on your achievements and challenge you to:
- actively change the culture of your organisation
- influence and build networks within and between organisations
- increase your ability and influence to shape care beyond your organisation.
What will you do on this programme?
The programme offers experiential learning, structured around four key elements.
- Expert insight and challenge: You will engage with medical directors at regional and national level, chief executives, other board-level professionals, politicians and policy specialists from The King's Fund.
- Reflection: There will be a blend of activities to assess your own leadership style, strengths and development needs. This will enhance your ability to give and receive formative feedback.
- Critical knowledge: You will develop your understanding of key areas, including corporate governance, legal responsibilities and accountability as a board member, and improving quality.
- Problem-solving: You will use a range of problem-solving activities, including replicating live situations, group debate and discussion, as well as looking at comparative roles in politics and complex private sector industries.
Matthew is part of the Fund’s leadership and organisational development team and works on a number of open leadership development programmes, from those aimed at new leaders to those aimed at the most senior clinical leaders. He also co-directs the Top Manager programme. Recent commissioned progr...
Belinda has more than 30 years' experience as a director, coach, strategist and facilitator in health care settings, and across public, private and non-profit organisations in the UK. Belinda is a Senior Fellow and Director of Leadership at the University of Birmingham Health Services Management...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.